PDA

View Full Version : TIPS: DNS not registered?

yohost.org
10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
If you are getting NS not registered or NS not found! error when trying to point your domain to the particular DNS this means that these NS are not set(registered) in the respective registry (.com,.net, etc). This often happens when you get a hosting package along with the domain name, let say, mynewsite.com and trying to point your newly purchased domain to ns1/ns2.mynewsite.com. Below are the steps to fix this.

- Make sure that you have at least one dedicated IP to which will be assigned your nameservers. You can use one IP for registering two and more name servers.
The only exceptions are .CN and .TW. If you have one, you will need 1 dedicated IP for each nameserver. In other words, if you need to register ns1.mynewsite.tw or ns2.mynewsite.tw, you will need two dedicated IPs.
- Change the domain status to "Active/Unlock"
- Ask your domain provider to register the NS to the respective registry OR do it on your own, if such option is available in your domain control panel.
For example,

ns1.mynewsite.tw --> 192.168.1.21
ns2.mynewsite.tw --> 192.168.1.22

Good luck.

Fireman
10-12-2009, 04:48 AM
ok thanks to guide... and i am also facing some problem in godaddy server... i have godaddy hosting and want to point my domain which i got other hosting company.... but it is not pointing on godaddy

~ServerPoint~
10-12-2009, 07:26 AM
If the customer need to install the name servers he (she) asks the web hosting provider about that and as usual they will get it

yohost.org
10-13-2009, 08:08 AM
ok thanks to guide... and i am also facing some problem in godaddy server... i have godaddy hosting and want to point my domain which i got other hosting company.... but it is not pointing on godaddy

i would suggset you firstly to get in touch with your domain registar as i strongly believe that godaddy NS are OK :) Maybe the previous hosting provider just dont want to let you move out...Anyway you need info on what error they receive when try to point the domain name to godaddy NS

rosy
10-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Thank you for this tips.
keep it up.