PDA

View Full Version : What is the different between link cloaking or URL Masking..?

kalmakuran
12-30-2016, 12:49 AM
Hello friends,

What is the different between link cloaking or URL Masking..?

aceamerican
12-30-2016, 04:28 AM
URL Masking means that the visitors to the domain name will be forwarded to your destination website, however the URL in their browser address bar will remain the same.

Cloaking is in fact a search engine optimization (SEO) technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the user’

marksteve741
12-30-2016, 06:27 AM
this is black hat SEO techniques you should avoid

fayeseom
01-02-2017, 01:07 AM
I think masking uses httaccess or a similar name but I do not understand what that is either.

I "met" someone online who volunteered to mask my links for me but I am not sure whether to jump at the offer or decline. It is for this personal reason that I prefer my question to be answered in the "Virtual Family Subforum."

david hong
02-06-2017, 03:54 AM
Cloaking is a search engine optimization (SEO) technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the user's browser. This is done by delivering content based on the IP addresses or the User-Agent HTTP header of the user requesting the page. It is a black hat seo technique and should be avoided.

ritika.patel
02-06-2017, 04:37 AM
These two are Black Hat techniques

Cloaking is a search engine optimization technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the user's browser.

Url masking means hiding the actual domain name of a website from the URL field of a user's web browser with favor of another name.

RH-Calvin
02-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Cloaking is a search engine optimization (SEO) technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the user's browser. This is done by delivering content based on the IP addresses or the User-Agent HTTP header of the user requesting the page.

Domain Masking or URL Masking is the act of hiding the actual domain name of a website from the URL field of a user's web browser in favor of another name.