PDA

View Full Version : What is Urllist.txt

babesmanchester
01-03-2017, 02:14 AM
Hello Friends,

Please tell me what is urllist.txt.

Aaydensmith
01-03-2017, 04:51 AM
Yahoo! allows webmasters to submit a listing of their URLs to their search engine. This listing file called urllist.txt. This is a simple text file with all line by line URLs. urllistlist.txt is a sitemap for Yahoo search engine.

christinebreese
01-03-2017, 05:00 AM
Urllist.txt is the equivalent of an xml sitemap for Yahoo. From what I know, they still use it.

zinavo
01-03-2017, 05:07 AM
It is a collection of all the urls present in the Website Resources and Information can be created using the xml generator online tool.

ritika.patel
01-03-2017, 05:20 AM
Yahoo! allows webmasters to submit a listing of their URLs to their search engine. This listing file called urllist.txt. This is a simple text file with all line by line URLs.

Scopehosts
01-03-2017, 05:24 AM
It is a recommend file format by Yahoo!it contains a list of URL's, each URL at the start of new line. The file name of the URL list file must be urllist.txt and it will helps to identifying the number and path of the URL's avaliable on the server or on the interconnectivity of the pages amongst each other.

RH-Calvin
01-04-2017, 09:04 AM
A text file containing a list of URLs, each URL at the start of a new line. The file name of the URL list file must be urllist.txt; for a compressed file the name must be urllist.txt.gz.

Ritika gosh
01-05-2017, 01:13 AM
It is recommended file format by Yahoo! can create a bloat and it is used to crawling a list and increasing the file size.

david hong
02-06-2017, 03:28 AM
As far as I know, this is something the Yahoo search engine would look for in place of the xml sitemap. But that was a while ago, it would now just grab your sitemap. Besides, Yahoo's search result are now powered by Bing. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
Yamini, are you optimizing for Yahoo anyway? If not, don't worry about the urllist. Better get an xml sitemap and it will serve as reference for all search engines including google, bing, yahoo , etc.