PDA

View Full Version : What is difference between clicks and visits in google analytics?

ryansmith
02-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Hello everyone,

If you have any knowledge please share with me.

nancy07
02-20-2017, 05:15 AM
Visit in Google Analytics can be understood as the start of a session. i.e, the 1st pageview of every session is a Visit (which is equal to number of sessions, this is the reason visits are replaced by Sessions in Google analytics). Visit is a Session level metric.

Click is the click of the mouse on the website, which is an interaction metric. So, a button can be clicked, link can be clicked, video can be clicked etc.

Fadia Sheetal
02-20-2017, 05:21 AM
Click means number of visitors click on the website and visitors means number of the visitors visit your website.

ryansmith
02-22-2017, 03:28 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing your views and knowledge. This is very useful information for me.

Educaindia2
02-22-2017, 04:13 AM
Click means number of clicks on the websites & Visit means number of visitor visits your sites.

Liyans_Tech
02-23-2017, 03:12 AM
Very Useful Information Keep it up.

amanshastry43
02-23-2017, 05:01 AM
Generally, click increase bounce rate as the user just click back to your website
Visit is like someone visit and remain some time on your website

Liyanscom3
02-24-2017, 05:57 AM
Very useful Information.

Christi Smith
02-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Hello everyone,

If you have any knowledge please share with me.

Click refers to number of time visitor clicked on your website, when they come across with your website in Google SERP. Visits refer to the number of visitors visited to your website, visitors are further differentiated as new visitor and old visitor.

chiragpatel108
02-25-2017, 01:43 AM
As My Opinion,

Click : Click means number of User click on the website.
Visits : Visits means number of Visitor visit your website.

Nathank
02-25-2017, 02:00 AM
Clicks: It indicates the number of times user clicks on your website or ad, An ad can be clicked several times by the same visitor which results in several clicks to be recorded.

Visits: It indicates the number of unique sessions associated with each of the visitor, A visit made by a unique visitor is recorded only once in a single session.

zinavo
02-25-2017, 02:38 AM
Clicks:
It indicates the number of times user clicks on your ad.

Visits
It indicates the number of unique sessions associated with each of the visitor.

sharmaroshni
02-25-2017, 02:42 AM
Clicks: It indicates the number of times the user clicks on your ad.
Visits: It indicates the number of unique sessions associated with each of the visitors.

Clicks: only onlyAn ad can be clicked several times by the same visitor which results in several clicks to be recorded.
Visits: A visit made by a unique visitor is only-only once in a single session. (Session is 30 minutes.)

Clicks: urlAny user can visit a site by clicking on an ad and also visit it again by clicking any bookmaURL.
Visits: Visits from ad clicks and bookmarks if happens on different sessions can result in several visits from a single click.

Clicks: Google Adwords tracks clicks.
Visits: Google Analytics tracks visits.

Clicks: Adwords filters out invalid clicks generated within.
Visits: Analytics displays all data without any filtering.

ritika.patel
02-25-2017, 02:44 AM
Clicks: Clicks means the number of clicks op the website
Visitors: Visitors means number of users or visitors visit your website

pragya00
02-25-2017, 03:12 AM
Click: Click means a number of User click on the website.
Visits: Visits means number of Visitors visit your website

kubin2017
02-26-2017, 09:54 AM
click increase bounce rate as the user just click back to your website
Visit is like someone visit and remain some time on your website

ryansmith
02-27-2017, 12:26 AM
I appreciate your answer.