PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between sessions and users in GA?

ColleenWilliams
05-02-2017, 09:50 AM
What is the difference between sessions and users in GA?

RH-Calvin
05-02-2017, 11:15 AM
A session is defined as a group of interactions one user takes within a given time frame on your website. Google Analytics defaults that time frame to 30 minutes. Meaning whatever a user does on your website (e.g. browses pages, downloads resources, purchases products) before they leave equals one session.

EncodersDigital
05-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Users are the number of unique individuals that visit your site.

Sessions refer to individual browsing “sprees” without interruption.

fayeseom
05-03-2017, 05:59 AM
Sessions

Session has effectively replaced Visits. It’s measured by interactions with a website, driven by a cookie set on a visitor’s browser when they arrive on the site. The default session expiration is set to 30 minutes, meaning if you’re like me and leave tabs open all day, the cookie will time out after 30 minutes. If I come back to the page and go anywhere else on the site, that will begin a new session.

Users

Users replaced Unique Visits. I can be 1 user but count for multiple sessions.

KateSteel
05-04-2017, 02:10 AM
If someone visit a site and visit home page and other pages then it has created one session. Then person who visit is known as visitor.

sinelogixweb
05-04-2017, 08:18 AM
A session is created when a user enters the site, this user can then navigate through the site making pages accumulate page views.

On a blog, they may land on the listing page three times leading to three page views but only one user and one session.

CarolineMurphy
05-05-2017, 02:27 AM
Google Analytics measures both visits and visitors in your account. Visits represent the number of individual sessions initiated by all the visitors to your site. If a user is inactive on your site for 30 minutes or more, any future activity will be attributed to a new session. Users that leave your site and return within 30 minutes will be counted as part of the original session.

Hope, it is helpful.

TravelOTAs
05-05-2017, 04:39 AM
The session is the period of a time when a user appears on the web page. Basically, it is a time duration which is spent by the user.