Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Ddns?

The domain name system (DNS) connects URLs with their IP address. With DNS, it’s possible to type words instead of a string of numbers into a browser, allowing people to search for websites and send emails using familiar names. When you search for a domain name in a browser, it sends a query over the internet to match the domain with its corresponding IP. Once located, it uses the IP to retrieve the website’s content. Most impressively, this whole process takes just milliseconds.

Mapping Internet Domain names to Ip Address is done using DDNS service.

Thanks for share your Experience.

Easiest Explanation- Mapping of internet domains to Ip Address is called DDNS !

Dynamic DNS is a method of automatically updating a name server in the Domain Name System, often in real time, with the active DDNS configuration of its configured hostnames, addresses or other information.

The Dynamic Domain Name System(DDNS) is a service that maps internet domain names to Internet Protocol(IP) addresses which allows you to access your computer from anywhere in the world.

In short DDNS (Dynamic DNS) is an automatic service to help combat dynamic IP addresses when attempting to remotely connect to a system.

Mapping your your domain name to Ip address using ftp server is done by DDNS

DDNS stands for dynamic DNS. It is a method of keeping a domain name and changing linked to IP address as not all computer use static IP addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_S View Post
    What Is Ddns?
    The Domain Name Systems (DNS) is the phonebook of the Internet. People access information online through domain names, like hostsearch.com(domain name). Web browsers interact through Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. DN S converts domain names to IP address so browsers can load Internet resources. When I bought my router I learned all this things while reading http://www.router-reset.com , there is described and explained everything. Now I don’t need my provider to tell me what is wrong with my connection or any other things, I am doing it all by myself.
    If you're just curious about my story, or you just want to grab my résumé, you're in the right spot.

DNS is a mechanism by which the name server in the Domain Name System is automatically updated with the custom domain name and the ever-changing IP addresses.

DDNS stands for dynamic DNS, or more specifically, dynamic Domain Name System. It's a service that maps internet domain names to IP addresses.
    ServersBase.Com- sales@serversbase.com
    █ SSD cPanel Web Hosting • LiteSpeed • MariaDB • CloudLinux & MultiPHP!
    Solutions Tailored To Your Requirements For Unbeatable Agility.
    █ Fully Managed Cloud Instances, Daily Backups & Active Monitoring!

DDNS, Dynamic DNS means any changes in IP address or hostname will automatically get propagated to DNS servers.

DDNS stands for dynamic DNS, or more specifically, dynamic Domain Name System. It's a service that maps internet domain names to IP addresses. It's a DDNS service that lets you access your home computer from anywhere in the world.

DDNS serves a similar purpose to the internet's Domain Name System (DNS) in that DDNS lets anyone hosting a web or FTP server advertise a public name to prospective users.

However, unlike DNS which only works with static IP addresses, DDNS is designed to also support dynamic (changing) IP addresses, such as those assigned by a DHCP server. That makes DDNS a good fit for home networks, which normally receive dynamic public IP addresses from their internet service provider.

Regards,
    Pratik

It is a decentralid place where are host all domains all over the world

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast