Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Ddns?

DDNS stands for Dynamic DNS. It is a way of automatically updating a name server in the Domain Name System.

This is useful in the case of web resources which may change IP addresses on a frequent basis (daily or even hourly). The DNS records are updated by a local router or server whenever the IP address of the resource changes.

The beauty of Dynamic DNS hosting is that regardless of what your home IP address is, the same domain name will resolve even if it changes. Granted my home IP address hadn't changed for months, but I still used the DNSname to access it. Therefore, when my account at Free Dynamic DNS was deleted, I had no way to tell what my home IP was. There are plenty of sites on the Internet that will return your IP address. Because I just had my Dynamic DNS account deleted, I really didn't want to depend on a free on-line service for detecting my IP address

A service that lets anyone on the Internet gain access to resources on a local network when the Internet address of that network is constantly changing. Such resources are typically a Web server, Webcam or a PC for remote control operation.

Dynamic DNS or DDNS fixes all the issues of the ever-changing residential IP addresses by identifying your address with a consistent domain name.
    HostechSupport
    24x7 Remote Services
    Linux/Windows Server Administration Server Management
    Get in touch: support@hostechsuppport.com

DDNS stands for dynamic DNS, or more specifically dynamic Domain Name System. It's a service that maps internet domain names to IP addresses. However, unlike DNS which only works with static IP addresses, DDNS is designed to also support dynamic (changing) IP addresses, such as those assigned by a DHCP server.

Dynamic DNS is a method of automatically updating a name server in the Domain Name System, often in real time, with the active DDNS configuration of its configured hostnames, addresses.

It's a service that maps internet domain names to IP addresses. It's a DDNS service that lets you access your home computer from anywhere in the world. DDNS serves a similar purpose to the internet's Domain Name System (DNS) in that DDNS lets anyone hosting a web or FTP server advertise a public name to prospective users. DDNS is designed to also support dynamic (changing) IP addresses, such as those assigned by a DHCP server. That makes DDNS a good fit for home networks, which normally receive dynamic public IP addresses from their internet service provider.

Dynamic DNS Means Anytime, Anywhere Network Access

Because ISPs don't assign static IP addresses, accessing devices your network remotely is tricky. One way around changing IP addresses is to use a Dynamic DNS service, which automatically tracks the changes to your network's public IP address.

Thanks for share your knowledge.

impressive knowledge shared.

Dynamic DNS (DDNS) is the automatic updating of a DNS records in real time… DDNS keeps DNS records up-to-date when hosts and endpoints are added or removed to/from a network, ensuring that the DNS database is accurate and that DNS resources are used efficiently.
    Domain Domains

DDNS (Dynamic DNS) is a service that maps Internet domain names to IP addresses. DDNS serves a similar purpose to the Internet’s Domain Name System (DNS): DDNS allows anyone hosting a Web or FTP server to advertise a public name to prospective users

The domain name system (DNS) connects URLs with their IP address. With DNS, it’s possible to type words instead of a string of numbers into a browser, allowing people to search for websites and send emails using familiar names. When you search for a domain name in a browser, it sends a query over the internet to match the domain with its corresponding IP. Once located, it uses the IP to retrieve the website’s content. Most impressively, this whole process takes just milliseconds.

Mapping Internet Domain names to Ip Address is done using DDNS service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast