Thread: hi

hi

Technical help with computer problem please?

Every time I start up IE, I am getting a "security alert" message from Equifax. I have removed the certificate from my root certification options, but the alert still keeps popping up [even after I have restarted the computer]. Equifax is now not even showing in my certification list, but I still get the security warning every time.
    Any ideas please anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by katty View Post
    Technical help with computer problem please?

Every time I start up IE, I am getting a "security alert" message from Equifax. I have removed the certificate from my root certification options, but the alert still keeps popping up [even after I have restarted the computer]. Equifax is now not even showing in my certification list, but I still get the security warning every time.
    Any ideas please anyone?

This issue may be easy to fix, depending one a few things. Try this: Open IE, go to Tools -> Internet Options. Now look at the URL address in the 'Home Page' section, what does it say?
    Last edited by XZBackup; 12-03-2009 at 03:57 PM.
    XZBackup.com/partners
    100% White-Label Branded Online Backup Reseller Program
    Windows / Mac / Linux / FreeBSD / Solaris / Novell
    Call Now! 1-800-213-2157 sales (at) xzbackup.com

Good information..

you can load antivirus.

Run virus scan. Try to use another browser
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

These sorts of things tend to be more related to spyware/adware than viruses - although occasionally a trojan horse or virus has been known to install itself only to ad spyware continually and every time you remove the spyware you'll find the add coming back.. most of the time you'll be fine if you just run spybot search and destroy or ad-aware. Both are free - I use spybot myself. I don't trust the anti-spyware bundled with big name anti-virus scanners... the one's I've used let a lot of things by that I would clearly call spyware just because it comes from a known commercial brand.

You can load antivirus.

________
    Lanzarote

Thank's for suggestion.You can load Antivirious...

Load best quality of anti virus.Before starting work with your pc scan your pc perfectly...............

Sorry but I need to close this thread
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities