Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is good and similar CMS to Wordpress?

I like Wordpress but it's quite oldfashion already and I'm looking to change it with something. Maybe you know any good and similar to Wordpress CMS? Would like to try it out. Thanks

Popular Alternatives to WordPress:
    Wix:

Wix is a completely hosted web site builder. It is free to use for personal or a small business website. It comes with pre-designed templates that users can modify using the drag and drop page builder.
    Wix also has eCommerce support with its paid plans, which allows site owners to accept online payments using PayPal or Payment Processing: Accept Payments Anywhere.
    Shopify:

If you want to build an online store, then Shopify is a great alternative to WordPress. It provides easy to use tools to create your own online shop. You can sell your products and accept payments.
    Shopify comes with easy to use tools to get you started with your website. It has ready-made templates, apps, and lots of integration options.
    Weebly:

Weebly is another completely hosted website builder. It allows you to create your own website using pre-designed templates and their drag-drop page builder.
    Weebly has limited eCommerce support, but you can use custom domain names.
    JOOMLA:

This year Joomla will be celebrating its 10th birthday. It is a strong, multi-purpose, and open source CMS. It has a large community of users and developers.
    Joomla comes with all the things that WordPress can do, and then some more. It has extensions and templates. It is already used by millions of users, small businesses, corporations, government and nonprofits all over the world.
    Just like WordPress, Joomla has a community support system, extensive documentation, and it runs on most web hosting platforms.
    Drupal:

Drupal is another very popular open source CMS. Just like WordPress and Joomla, Drupal has a strong user base and developer community. It powers nearly 2.1% of all websites on the internet including The White House, The Economist, State of Georgia, and many more.
    Drupal has modules and themes just like WordPress. It shares the same software requirements as WordPress and Joomla, so it can run on pretty much any web host that supports WordPress.
    Tumblr:

Tumblr is a popular free blogging platform. Tumblr combines blogging with social, and makes blogging quite fun. It has a strong user base despite the fact that it was acquired by Yahoo in 2013.
    Tumblr allows users to choose from free or premium themes. Users can also use custom domain names for their Tumblr blogs. Apart from your blog, you can also create pages. It is a completely hosted solution, so you don’t have to worry about installing or maintaining any software.
    Squarespace:

Squarespace is a paid site builder that can be used as a WordPress alternative. It is extremely easy to use and a completely hosted solution.
    Just like Wix and Weebly, Squarespace also offers ready-to-use templates that you can customize. There are no plugins or additional modules to install. You can only use the features provided by Squarespace.

weebly
    Joomla

Umbraco now boasts more than 85,000 installations and is in the top five most popular server applications.
    It is built on Microsoft’s .NET technology and is a CMS for .NET developers.
    ServersBase.Com- sales@serversbase.com
    █ SSD cPanel Web Hosting • LiteSpeed • MariaDB • CloudLinux & MultiPHP!
    Solutions Tailored To Your Requirements For Unbeatable Agility.
    █ Fully Managed Cloud Instances, Daily Backups & Active Monitoring!

There’s no field with no competition, and WordPress competitors do push the developers to add new features to the platform. But, you cannot deny that there aren’t any alternatives.

Here are the best WordPress alternatives

Ghost CMS
    Joomla CMS
    Wix.Com
    Medium

Below are the some best alternatives for the WordPress.

1. Wix
    2. Shopify
    3. Weebly
    4. Ghost

WordPress is the most popular CMS for blogging WordPress was started as a blogging platform but over time it has evolved as a full-fledged content management system CMS and some best alternatives for the WordPress is a ghost, Shopify, Wix, and Weebly

Well, would like to say that Jelastic has provided an excellent and very prompt service, also troubleshooting transferring our web sites to their servers. They offered us wordpress cluster solution which is pre-configured for automatic scaling. I like their pay-per-use model.

Thank you all! Wix seems to be nice but as I have hosting already with Hostinger, will have to try something that I can implement there. Does Joomla have a lot of useful plugins too? I really admire WordPress ones and searching for something similar because of them. Saw Joomla in auto installer but didn't try it yet.

I personally like WordPress, because I have developed many websites in WordPress which are performing very well. You know if you are using WordPress then you don't need to go outside, because WordPress has everything like thousands of plugin and themes available which allows you to create an awesome website design.

A ton of options really.Thanks guys. As I have a one click install software with my host I will try a few ant see how they work, as everyone seems to have a different opinion or maybe all CMS have their own strong points.

weebly is the best alternative to wordpress

There are many CMS similar to WordPress as follows:
    Joomla
    Wix
    Magento
    Drupal
    Mambo
    OctoberCMS
    Prestashop
    Weebly
    VPS9 Networks - Highly Configured and Secured Hosting Services
    Unmetered Dedicated Servers - Located at Netherlands, Germany, Russia and USA
    KVM |OpenVZ | Unlimited Bandwidth Hosting services, Best Offers Available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast