Meme Accounts being Plurged by Instagram

Instagram is cracking down on accounts that primarily post memes, deleting popular pages that have amassed millions of followers.

Dozens of accounts with over 30 million followers combined were deleted without warning. The removal is permanent, meaning there’s no hope for the users to get their accounts restored.

Instagram is cracking down on accounts that primarily post memes, deleting popular pages that have amassed millions of followers. Dozens of accounts with over 30 million followers combined were deleted without warning. The removal is permanent, meaning there's no hope for the users to get their accounts restored.

this was long expected since these account have amassed millions of followers they started earning money monthly from sponsored posts. this does not bode well for instagram whose primary revenue is advertisement.

Instagram seems to have purged most of the top meme accounts on the platform. On Thursday and Friday, reports that meme accounts with follower counts in the hundreds of thousands and even millions were being permanently banned for violating the platform's terms of service. In total, according to a user who ran "@spicy.

Search Results
    Featured snippet from the web
    Instagram is cracking down on accounts that primarily post memes, deleting popular pages that have amassed millions of followers. Dozens of accounts with over 30 million followers combined were deleted without warning. The removal is permanent, meaning there's no hope for the users to get their accounts restored

Quote Originally Posted by Demixl View Post
    I know that Instagram takes down a kit of meme accounts that post original memes or good memes. I also lost an account of 50k followers and I am very sad about that... So, I moved to watching memes online, I like to find different websites with random memes, like this awesome iphone versus android memes. These 20 plus memes are really funny and well made. I like how this website shares a lot of useful information including funny memes. Not many websites do this. But those that do it, are awesome.
    I know what are you talking about. I feel the pain of deleted accounts.

Instagram seems to have purged most of the top meme accounts on the platform. On Thursday and Friday, reports that meme accounts with follower counts in the hundreds of thousands and even millions were being permanently banned for violating the platform's terms of service. In total, according to a user who ran "@spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by salman gee View Post
    Instagram is cracking down on accounts that primarily post memes, deleting popular pages that have amassed millions of followers. Dozens of accounts with over 30 million followers combined were deleted without warning. The removal is permanent, meaning there's no hope for the users to get their accounts restored.
    Why would you respond to the original post with a word for word verbatim repeat of the same thing?