What if my meta description is longer than ideal length?

Hello friends, I am new to SEO. Can you please help me if there is any issue if I add more characters to my meta description than the recommended length?

When writing meta descriptions, we tend to keep it between 150-160 characters because Google usually truncate snippets that are longer than 160 characters. ... And Google not only made changes on the desktop titles. The titles and meta descriptions on mobile search have also increased and is even longer than the desktop.

Hi Friends,
    Technically, your metadata can be as long or short as you want, but keep in mind that Google does have limits on how many characters are displayed. These limits are based on pixels, not character count, so there is no hard number rule, just industry best practices.

Desktop Search: On desktop, Google currently displays 600px for titles, which is around 60 characters. For meta descriptions, it currently displays 920px, which is about 160 characters.

Mobile Search: On mobile, Google currently displays 624px for titles, which is about 75 characters. For meta descriptions, it displays 680px, which is around 120 characters.

Best Practices: According to MOZ, the current best practice is to keep titles under 60 characters and meta descriptions between 50–160 characters.

However, since Google recommends that you optimize for Mobile First, I’d keep meta descriptions to 120 characters.