Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are proxy servers are hackable?

Yes! It can be hackable!!

The IP is like your street address.

Imagine that, to hide your tracks, you gave a wrong address to someone. Now of course this person would not know where you live, which might be good. On the other side however, none of them could send you anything. The postal services would deliver the packets to the wrong address.

So for certain kinds of attacks, such as DoS or email spam, it is preferable to forge a false IP address. These are the kinds of attacks where you do not expect any useful response in the form of data packets. It is not possible to protect yourself against it, most of the time the hackers will use a simple randomizing function to create a new fake IP for each packet.

For most attacks that could be truely called hacking, such as entering a secured network, the attacker will need to receive data from its victim. Faking an IP address would not yield anything. For that the Hackers might use a VPN, so that the victim would see the iP address of the VPN exit node instead of the original IP address. This is how Russia was blamed for the hack of the Democratic Party emails in the USA a while ago: The exit node of the VPN that the alleged attacker used was located in Russia. Of course the attacker might have been located also in Russia, but also in any other part of the world.

Another, similar approach, is to use proxies (plural, important). Every VPN is a proxy but not every proxy is a VPN. Proxies used by hackers are often computers or rather servers that have been brought under the control of the attackers during an earlier hack. They have been configured to not keep logging data and to forward the traffic from a certain address to another address. Often a good hacker will form a chain of several of those proxies. It will be pretty much impossible for the victim to find out who actually is behind that attack.

To protect yourself against that kind of attack you should always have the latest security updates for your servers OS and for every internet facing software that runs on it. Additionally have as few internet facing services running as possible. Have a strong password, but that goes without saying I think.

Quote Originally Posted by pavani25 View Post
    Hackers can gain access to your proxy, but they are going to have a hard time reaching your actual server where vital data is stored. Of course, it is impossible to keep talented hackers completely out with just a proxy server. However, you will be less vulnerable compared to running your business without a proxy.

A proxy server is a server as well and hackers can hack it. The hacked server is one that is no longer fully under your control. Someone else is now partially controlling your server and using it for their own purposes. But hackers would not have access to your private files, because you are covered by proxy, that is why hackers use this proxy server too. To remain anonymous. It is like a double shield. I am using one too, found it on this page residentialip.net

It depends, having proper security features and firewalls is important.

Hi there. Interesting thread. Thanks for the information.

Indeed offcourse! Hacked implies that an individual approaches every single course, ip address and so on and rest of the subtleties that is with the intermediary server . Anyway There is a trick that it probably won't be the ONLY intermediary server! it mayb be one among many!

Oryon Networks | Singapore Web Hosting | Best web hosting provider | Best web hosting in SG | Oryon india | Best hosting in India |Web hosting in India | Oryon SG

Everything connected to a network is hackable. Its just a question of motivation and time.

I totally agree with you. The real value behind most proxies isn’t the hardware or technical configuration but the IP addresses. After all it’s pretty simple to replace the server or reinstall the proxy software, but those addresses are much more important. The reality is if you need a source of reliable proxies with usable IP addresses then companies will need to protect them and carefully manage their use. Besides, hackers use this proxy server as well. I am currently running a project and I am using backconnect proxies.
    Last edited by JuliaPiers; 11-09-2020 at 01:24 AM.

I think no

Proxy hacking is a cyber attack technique designed to supplant an authentic webpage in a search engine's index and search results pages to drive traffic to an imitation site. In the worst case, an attacker may use proxy hacking to introduce malware or other viruses to the victim's computer.

yup, it can be easily hacked.
    Bachir Ice cream
    https://bachirarabia.com/

I've recently decided to try my luck in streaming. My advice for beginners is to start with good-quality equipment like a reliable microphone and webcam. Also, focus on defining your niche content and engaging with your audience. Speaking about proxies, I recommend considering using mobile proxies for streaming https://iproxy.online/streaming, they can offer flexibility and stability for streaming on the go.
    Last edited by yarosi; 02-27-2024 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast