There is new website which I have to optimize. When I was doing keyword research, I was confused what keywords I should target Long tail or short tail?I have to target 10 keywords for that website.Although long tail keywords are less popular but it will target the specific search.

Hi Friends,
    Check this short tips which can be useful for choose keywords.

1. In the first step find out how many pages you have and how many keywords you want to select for each of the pages.
    2. Then list out a word which is useful for generation leads for your business it means it must be related to your business. You can also check your competitor’s keyword for better understanding.
    3. Once you find and list out your keyword, then check popularity, traffic, etc metric for each word for getting the perfect result for choosing a keyword.
    4. There are some tools available which can you use seo site analysis for tracking this metric Wordtracker, Keyword Discovery and the Google Adwords Keyword Tool you can use.
    5. And After getting the perfect list of the keyword, you need to set on your site.

link your website with google analytics
    Get keyword research from ubersuggest
    Search for competiters and steal their keywords

Purchase SEO or inbound marketing software.
    Examine the keywords your website ranks for.
    Create a buyer persona.
    Check the search volume for keywords.
    Find similar keywords using SEO software.
    Monitor your change in rankings and traffic.