please help me choose a server.

Could you please tell me which would be the cheapest company to meet my needs?

I need a server with a good space, about 5tb (and growing) ... to save music, photos and personal videos. the only people who will access are from my family. I will use owncloud or pydio and only my family members will access the address.

that is, I need a server to back up for the whole family.

I initially thought between two options:

1) OVH Object Storage (https://www.ovh.pt/public-cloud/object-storage/)

2) ARM-6T (https://www.soyoustart.com/en/ofertas/1801armada03.xml)

what do you guys (please and thanks in advance) suggest me?

You can check out Hetzner's storage boxes, they should work with ownCloud (considering you are in Portugal). I don't recommend soyoustart.com entry servers, as their hard disks aren't even configured in RAID.

Taking the advantage of the opportunity, can recommend Cloudarion.com servers. Locations: Switzerland, Germany, USA and Russia.
    I must say they provide really good customer support service. Always willing to assist me over and over again with even the smallest request.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    Taking the advantage of the opportunity, can recommend Cloudarion.com servers. Locations: Switzerland, Germany, USA, and Russia.
    I must say they provide really good customer support service. Always willing to assist me over and over again with even the smallest request.
    I agree with your words, not only for Fluiz it can help me too. Thank you.

I don't have confidence in this application. I use https://vexera.io/ with all my family for some months and we are pleased to use it. It is easy to use, songs are found in some milliseconds and you can find what you want from anywhere. Moreover, I use this application when I want to stream how I play in a game. It sounds good in the playground and all my viewers ask me what application I use that the sounds are so clear. Try it because it is worth it and after a time give me feedback if you are pleased to use it.
    Last edited by kellerica; 06-26-2020 at 03:24 AM.

Why not to choose time-tested and trusted brand in the hosting industry like Kvchosting.net , Arvixe.com or Hostnamaste.com ?
    Their servers are fully-redundant, flexible and scalable, there is no downtime on them. Their technicians are skillful and qualified.

looking for the best and affordable web hosting with high space, high ram, good backup. than i would highly suggest you serverwala.org- the best hosting provider in Switzerland.
    Serverwala.org is a landing company, who provide various types of web hosting such as managed hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, shared hosting with advanced features including fastest speed, good traffic range, 1010% uptime guarantee, rock-solid security system, daily backup, latest hardware technology, 24/7 clients support and many more.

you can also customize your plans according to your requirements and budget so that you can gain the best ROI and response from your site. whatever you want in your hosting plan you can disclude and include as your need.

I am on a nonprofit board that has a WordPress website hosted by Bluehost. Since the organization is staffed by volunteers and there is some staff turnover, no one has the account information for the Bluehost hosting account. The online password reset was used several times, but no one we are aware of received the reset EMail, meaning we don't know the EMail associated with the Bluehost account. There is a known administrator account for the WordPress installation, but no account info for Bluehost. Google and others have a process for handling "orphaned" accounts, so I called Bluehost and asked how I could obtain ownership of the account, or at least obtain the name or EMail associated with the account. The answer was, "YOU CAN'T".
    It's Wild Card playoff week in the watch nfl 2020 stream. Here's how to watch your favorite football teams play online for free—even without a cable subscription. live stream nfl game

If you're going to choose server then first check the support response and also check reviews then buy server

Servers from hostingsource.com and legionbox.com are worth trying due to their top-notch services.
    Super easy to manage and always available. Their customer support is excellent. They usually respond in 5 to 10 minutes and are very interested in getting your problem resolved immediately. I highly recommend them!!

Quote Originally Posted by fluiz View Post
    Could you please tell me which would be the cheapest company to meet my needs?

I need a server with a good space, about 5tb (and growing) ... to save music, photos and personal videos. the only people who will access are from my family. I will use owncloud or pydio and only my family members will access the address.

that is, I need a server to back up for the whole family.

I initially thought between two options:

1) OVH Object Storage (https://www.ovh.pt/public-cloud/object-storage/)

2) ARM-6T (https://www.soyoustart.com/en/ofertas/1801armada03.xml)

what do you guys (please and thanks in advance) suggest me?
    Any basic server with Amazon S3 bucket will be good option, no need to pay for unused disk space, you can mount Amazon S3 bucket on your server and store data on it and browse it using basic server IP address as per your requirement, the advantage with your Amazon S3 bucket is a zone selection, you can select the zone as per your basic server location to increase the performance of data syncing and decrease the latency while browsing the data.
    ktchost.com - Reliable Hosting Provider
    E-commerce Ready Hosting | Pure SSD Cloud/VPS | Offshore Dedicated Server
    24/7 Reliable Tech Support | Monitoring Service | R1Soft Backup

I'd suggest bodHOST for best cloud servers. Cloud hosting solutions hosted in Tier-IV data centers with fully secured, redundant and hyper-converged cloud architecture protects your cloud-based virtual machines from any hardware and network failure.

bodHOST offer a reliable, high-performance and cost-effective cloud storage. These solutions are affordably priced, and the enterprise-level SSD storage makes it an ideal choice for heavy load read and write systems

Thumbs up

I'll suggest eUKhost's managed cloud services provide ultimate control, 24x7 support and 100% uptime.

Below is the plan of Cloud Server

Hyperslice Cloud S1 Starter

-2 vCPU Cores
    -2 GB
    -40 GB SSD
    -High Availability Cluster
    -100 % Uptime Infrastructure SLA
    -Veeam Backup (Optional)
    -Fortigate Hardware Firewall (Optional)
    -24/7 Technical Support

Price: £37.95 /Mo Inc. VAT

Hyperslice Cloud S2 Premium

-2 vCPU Cores
    -4 GB
    -60 GB SSD
    -High Availability Cluster
    -100 % Uptime Infrastructure SLA
    -Veeam Backup (Optional)
    -Fortigate Hardware Firewall (Optional)
    -24/7 Technical Support

Price: £49.66 /Mo Inc.VAT

Get the more Cloud Hosting features, Visit: www.eukhost.com/cloud-hosting
    Last edited by Wilsonjacob45; 07-28-2020 at 02:59 AM.