Thread: web design

web design

Explain what is the difference between “visibility:hidden” and “display:none”?

Both are same as to hidden the tag but main difference is that “visibility:hidden” allocate the space of that tag on page and “display:none” doesn't allocate the space on page.

display:none means that the tag in question will not appear on the page at all (although you can still interact with it through the dom). There will be no space allocated for it between the other tags. visibility:hidden means that unlike display:none , the tag is not visible, but space is allocated for it on the page.

Web design is the process of creating websites. It encompasses several different aspects, including webpage layout, content production, and graphic design. While the terms web design and web development are often used interchangeably, web design is technically a subset of the broader category of web development.

display:none means that the tag in question will not appear on the page at all (although you can still interact with it through the dom). ... visibility:hidden means that unlike display:none , the tag is not visible, but space is allocated for it on the page. The tag is rendered, it just isn't seen on the page. I remember when I was learning to do web design and these two terms were giving quite a rough time. It's a good thing my manager was a very patient and understanding and took his time to explain it to me.
    Last edited by ColinGill; 02-04-2021 at 01:22 PM.

The visibility property specifies whether or not an element is visible. Tip: Hidden elements take up space on the page. Use the display property to both hide and remove an element from the document layout! Default value: visible.