Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User aelko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    14

    Question Cheap .com registration

    What discounts for .com domains do you know except this table?
    Last edited by aelko; 05-06-2020 at 01:59 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    10
    try domcomp or tld-list

  3. #3
    Registered User aelko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    14
    domcomp shows only 13 registrars when tldes.com shows 108 registrars. How can this site be useful to me?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Utah, U.S.A
    Posts
    49
    .COM domains at a good deal...you might find on BigRock. I purchased them a few weeks ago for my clients and they were happy to get a .COM domain at an affordable price.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    8
    Verisign charges all domain name registrars $8.39 as the wholesale rate. If your registrar charges less than this it's either a loss-leader or a scam. Beware.

  6. #6
    Registered User aelko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgard87 View Post
    .COM domains at a good deal...you might find on BigRock. I purchased them a few weeks ago for my clients and they were happy to get a .COM domain at an affordable price.
    BigRock is currently offering .com domains for $12.50. It is expensive. For comparison:
    Porkbun: $4.15
    Sav: $6.95
    DreamHost: $6.99

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    7
    You can go with CloudFlare as well. They offer .COM at bulk rate without any commission added to it. Actual cost of .COM plug ICANN fees which you have to pay to get .com

  8. #8
    Registered User aelko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by splitice View Post
    Verisign charges all domain name registrars $8.39 as the wholesale rate. If your registrar charges less than this it's either a loss-leader or a scam. Beware.
    This is not true. Wholesale price for .com is $7.85. Registrars are also required to pay an ICANN fee of $0.18. So the break even price for one .com domain is $8.03.

    In addition, Verisign occasionally arranges promotions. This allows registrars to sell below the wholesale price until they run out of quotas.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Utah, U.S.A
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by aelko View Post
    BigRock is currently offering .com domains for $12.50. It is expensive. For comparison:
    Porkbun: $4.15
    Sav: $6.95
    DreamHost: $6.99
    Wont call them the most trust worthy domain providers. Renewals are quite high for these.
    Porkbun, I really doubt security and brand name. BigRock is a domain specialist and every dime paid is worth for their service. Just my experience

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    66
    You can go with eukhost as well. Register your .COM Domain names from 6.00/yr with 24/7 global customer support, free URL forwarding & free DNS tools.

    Register a new .com domain name or transfer your registered .com domain to eukhost. Get 50% off new .com domain registration using coupon code- COM50.


    Why choose WHUK?
    Over 200 domain extensions
    Easy Domain Registration
    Domain ID Protection
    24x7 Support

  11. #11
    Registered User aelko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwuk View Post
    You can go with eukhost as well. Register your .COM Domain names from 6.00/yr with 24/7 global customer support, free URL forwarding & free DNS tools.

    Register a new .com domain name or transfer your registered .com domain to eukhost. Get 50% off new .com domain registration using coupon code- COM50.
    Thank you, I added this promo to my website. Price 6.00 includes VAT 20%. But not everyone has to pay this tax. Price without VAT 5.00 ≈ $6.52

  12. #12
    Registered User aelko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgard87 View Post
    Wont call them the most trust worthy domain providers. Renewals are quite high for these.
    Porkbun, I really doubt security and brand name. BigRock is a domain specialist and every dime paid is worth for their service. Just my experience
    Just wondering what your doubts about safety and brand are based on? Porkbun is one of the best registrars today. Trustpilot reviews: 914, Rating: 4.9 (Excellent).

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Utah, U.S.A
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by aelko View Post
    Just wondering what your doubts about safety and brand are based on? Porkbun is one of the best registrars today. Trustpilot reviews: 914, Rating: 4.9 (Excellent).
    Review sites can be tricky.. I base my comments on brands by personal experience. I have had many clients in India and even Asia Pacific that are comfortable with BigRock when it comes to pricing in all fair means or even security of domain names. Not saying any other brand is bad or worse, when i said trustworthy i meant that many web pros say that a brand is good by personal experience, the same way I do.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

  Find Web Hosting      
  Shared Web Hosting UNIX & Linux Web Hosting Windows Web Hosting Adult Web Hosting
  ASP ASP.NET Web Hosting Reseller Web Hosting VPS Web Hosting Managed Web Hosting
  Cloud Web Hosting Dedicated Server E-commerce Web Hosting Cheap Web Hosting


Premium Partners:


Visit forums.thewebhostbiz.com: to discuss the web hosting business, buy and sell websites and domain names, and discuss current web hosting tools and software.