GoldFish v/s Apache Tomcat

Hi guys,
    I was installing Netbeans in my Window machine, when i click at customize it asked me to choose over GoldFish and Apache Tomcat. Now Please tell me which of them is best for developing internet base java applications and .jsp Application?

Apache Tomcat is run by Apache community - Open source and has two flavors Tomcat Web profile - light weight which is only servlet container and does not support Java EE features like EJB, JMS etc.

Tomcat EE - This is a certified Java EE container, this supports all Java EE technologies. No commercial support available (only community support)

Glassfish is run by Oracle. This is a full stack certified Java EE Container. This has its own web container (not Tomcat). It comes with features like EJB, JTA, CDI(JAVA EE 6+), JPA, JSF, JSP/Servlet and so on. It is a full stack Java EE application server.

Key Differences :

Tomcat is merely an HTTP server and Java servlet container. Glassfish is full-blown Java EE application servers, including an EJB container and all the other features of that stack.
    Tomcat has a lighter memory footprint as compare to Glassfish.
    Tomcat has footprint memory of 60-70 MB, while those Java EE servers weigh in at hundreds of MBs.
    Tomcat is very popular for simple web applications as compared to Glassfish.
    Comparatively the administration of Tomcat server is more easier than administration of Glassfish as there are fewer moving parts in Tomcat.
    Both of the Tomcat and Glassfish are open source and free but have different licenses. Glassfish is dual licensed while Tomcat has single license.
    Tomcat uses the Apache License while Glassfish has been licensed under CDDL and GPL.
    GlassFish should be preferred for Java EE enterprise applications over Tomcat.

Nginx makes a great reverse proxy front-end for Tomcat. Set up Nginx to handle caching and SSL and let Tomcat just serve your dynamic content. Nginx can also do load balancing. Nginx can handle higher traffic loads using less resources than Apache due to its architecture.
    Last edited by maikier22; 05-10-2022 at 08:19 AM.