VPS which is right for hosting a forum ...

Is it better to buy a VPS from scalahosting.com or luxhosting.lu?

Neither.

You should first do an analysis to understand what are your requirements and then choose a provider.

I am guessing you are jumping to a provider before understanding the basics.

When it comes to VPS people often make this mistake because they want to go for a cheaper dedicated model, which is not true.

Look at options like HostGator India and the plans they provide, maybe you will get an idea where you will land up.

Try VPS accounts from hostingsource.com and luxhosting.lu as they are proven to be the best. Their service is really fast and they are ready to support you 24/7.

I chose vpsblocks.com.au service 4 months ago and never regretted a thing.
    My sites are always online and I am happy that my visitors are satisfied with the speed connectivity.
    Top web host to deal with. highly recommended.

I have had other web hoster, but this one I like the best. Haven't had any downtime, and the service I have gotten so far has been excellent. I highly recommend bodHOST VPS hosting to anyone. My rating is the max, and I have never done that to anyone, but also the use of the control panel is a pleasure to use.

Happy to share the VPS offer. Get 50% OFF on both Linux and Windows VPS hosting using coupon code - VPS50

VPS plans from hostingsource.com and kvchosting.net are worth trying.
    They will suit any webmasters' needs on favorable terms because of their flexibility and reliability.

For the forum I/O operations are vital.
    That's why I recommend you to have a look at SSD providers.
    One of the best SSD provider is https://www.kvchosting.net/cheapvpshosting.html
    Check them out