Do you BUY on mobile websites? shopping cart or not?

So, mobile traffic is growing, many read on their smartphones and tablets, many consume content and will contact you regarding diff matters of your business. But how many will buy using smartphones / mobile devices? I know many are buying stuff and making payments via mobile applications (Android and IOS) but what about mobile webpages?
    Many mobiles are different
    Some mobiles are phones with diff browsers
    Some mobiles are in fact tablets (it depends on how they identify themselves and how you pick from the list)
    Many have limited CSS
    Many have limited Javascript

So, responsive design won't really do the trick 100%. In my case I consume content via desktop, tablet and smartphone/mobile, but everything I buy online is from my desktop computer. What about you? what's your opinion on this regarding the reality now and the perhaps mobile trend?

I'm making my websites mobile-enabled, some of the websites include shopping carts and this is based on server side scripts and Javascript. Some tablets won't have a problem with that, but lower end devices will. I'm in the crossroad of enabling the shopping cart on my CMS for mobile devices, what do you think? would it be wasted time and effort?

My personal conclusion so far is: give them the mobile version including "request desktop version" or just making clear there is a fully shopping cart enabled desktop version.

The web is going nuts. I'm happy of using my own cms, making it easier to control the output for my sites

I think mobile users are mostly used mobile to book any thing or buy anything i am talking about some percentage of people who have worst mobile friendly website and expecting the conversions mostly apps and websites are mobile friendly and i am also getting mostly conversion from mobile devices