Thread: Local Business

Local Business

For local businesses like bars, restaurants, and shops, what are the best ways to do SEO? And how is this different from businesses that have a global audience?

A local business is one that sells its products and services to consumers in its own city, town, or geographic area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh Menon View Post
    For local businesses like bars, restaurants, and shops, what are the best ways to do SEO? And how is this different from businesses that have a global audience?
    After going through your question, I realized when I was studying case studies for SEO, I came across such a question. Here is what I found the answer to it-

Claim all your business listings in local directories—tools like Moz Local, or SEMrush can help you find these.
    Complete and keep up to date your Google My Business information.
    Add location information in your content, meta tags, and all elements of on-page SEO.
    Ask your customers for reviews.
    Explore local link-building opportunities with, for example, non-competitive businesses, associations, local media, and community websites.
    Volunteer in the community. This gets your name out there, creates positive associations with your brand, and gets backlinks. And it helps others in need.
    Check and optimize your mobile page load speed, as local searches are frequently done on mobile devices.
    Be active on social media, especially Facebook and Instagram.
    Create “local content,” e.g. what you are doing with your volunteering or tying your site to local festivals and happenings.