Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to check backlinks for a website

I have a little confusion in it. i use this query in google link:[url] it shows 10 to 20 links. but in google webmaster it shows 500 to 600 which is count as bank links by google.

I have use yahoo site explorer for checking to back links, backlinkwatch.com is good tools for its.

what do you want to know exactly?

total number of back links considered by google?

there will be difference between the links to your site in webmaster tools and total number of back links in google.

There are a lot of tools, using which you can check yours and anothers backlinks.I use Google's backlinks checker tool.

Quote Originally Posted by wallacevictor View Post
    There are a lot of tools, using which you can check yours and anothers backlinks.I use Google's backlinks checker tool.
    can you post the link to this checker.

Google may count the links as soon as it finds them but does not display all of them when you use the :link command. Your Webmaster Tools panel is more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Google may count the links as soon as it finds them but does not display all of them when you use the :link command. Your Webmaster Tools panel is more reliable.
    Right. Google will never show all your links to your competitors
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

I would suggest you can check back links of your website through Google toolbar by installing it. Google toolbar provides many other features which will obviously help you.

If you have Google Webmaster Tools, the number of links shown in there is more accurate than doing a link:url.I tend to use Yahoo's Site explorer tool more. Google 'site explorer' and have a go at it. You can also try Open Site Explorer by SEOmoz.

use this online tool www.backlinkwatch.com
    http://www.inkatechnology.co.uk - http://www.socialfactory.net

there are quite a few tools to check back links, but i personally prefer back link watch as its results are more accuarte comapred to other tools.

Backlinks will be differ based on the search engines. For example if you want to count the backlinks indexed by Google, do the following steps

* Goto: google
    * Type "link:websiteurl"

To check backlink for a website you can use backlinkwatch..

Registered User GardnerBulkeley's Avatar
    I was to use backlinkswatch.com previously but now it is showing me just 100 links. Although it displays 4,795 backlinks but shows only 100. Is there any problem with this tool or i am the only one who is facing this issue?
    eUKhost : UK Web hosting | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Linux VPS hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting
    Join the Best Web Hosting Affiliate Program for Free & Earn up to £400!!

Backlinks simply refers to the number of out going links to your website domain from other websites.I prefer google for checking.
    --------------
    Baby Monitor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast