Thread: RAID problems

RAID problems

I'm having some problems on a RAID array after a little glitch. Due to incorrect backup settings, some files were lost. How can I restore them? Now many colleagues recommend using RAID Recovery. How safe is it?

inf

Quote Originally Posted by Сwiank View Post
    I'm having some problems on a RAID array after a little glitch. Due to incorrect backup settings, some files were lost. How can I restore them? Now many colleagues recommend using RAID Recovery. How safe is it?
    need more information about the raid, how many disks, what file system?

RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is a storage technology that combines multiple physical hard drives into a single logical unit for improved data redundancy, performance, and capacity. While RAID can provide many benefits, it is not immune to problems. Here are some common RAID problems:

1)Disk failure: A disk failure in a RAID array can result in data loss or corruption, and it can also degrade the overall performance of the array.

2)Controller failure: A RAID controller is a hardware or software component that manages the RAID array. If the controller fails, the entire array may become inaccessible or corrupted.

3)Configuration errors: Improper configuration of a RAID array can lead to data loss or corruption, or it can cause the array to fail completely.

4)Multiple disk failures: In some RAID configurations, multiple disk failures can lead to complete data loss.

5)Capacity issues: RAID arrays can sometimes experience capacity issues due to disk space limitations, which can cause data to become inaccessible or lost.

6)Data corruption: Corruption of data can occur in a RAID array due to various reasons such as software bugs, hardware faults, and power failures.

7)Rebuild failures: In some RAID configurations, rebuilding the array after a disk failure can lead to a failure in the rebuild process, resulting in data loss or corruption.

To prevent these problems, it is important to regularly monitor the RAID array, perform backups, and ensure that the hardware and software components are up-to-date and properly configured.

We will need a lot more information on how to help you such as errors, screenshots how was your "raid" setup etc. Did you have a failure drive setup or were you just using raid 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Сwiank View Post
    How did that go? 2 years later and we know nothing...

You should always try to back your server more frequently. That way when RAID arrays fail you will have a snapshot or a restore point.
    ¦¦ COLOCATIONAMERICA.COMIt’s All About Connections...
    ¦¦ Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Premium Bandwidth, 24/7 Support!
    ¦¦ Email Sales@ColocationAmerica.com for a quote or call 888-505-COLO!