Do blog posts harm to SERP?

Recently, One of my friend told me that, If I post unique and fresh content on my blogs and get one backlink to a main site, That will harm to my site(in the words of Google). He further said that, Google will sandbox my site if I follow up such a method to get backlinks. Is that true? I suspect that may be a SEO myth. Is it?

No it wont, and your friend dont know what he is talking about. If you link to your site from the same domain its internal linking which is good for seo.

Blog post with dofollow links are worthy for SERP. But nofollow have no worth for SERP. But nofollow can give you simple traffic. So look for dofollow blog post for best traffic and search engine ranking position.

Blogs posts are among the known link building methods and addition of links to the websites won't harm their ranks on the search portals in any way.

Not at all, it helps
    http://www.inkatechnology.co.uk - http://www.socialfactory.net

According to me blog posts never harm to SERP. It helps to create backlinks and increase traffic.