What to do with many domains?

Hey everyone.

I develop a number of sites and am now looking to learn the marketing and SEO side of things (so I may be around a bit asking lots of questions - apologies from the outset!)

A friend of mine has 14 car domains which he is looking to utilise. What I wanted to know was what is the best option for them so that they can be indexed by the SE's.

He wants to keep them all at the same hosting company, but would it be better to keep them as separate sites (They won't be very big sites, at most they'll have a handful of pages on them) or have 13 as aliases which point/auto direct to the main one.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance

Five reasons to consider more than one domain name

1.The risk of typos
    2. Look-alike or sound-alike names
    3. Name change
    4. Descriptive name

One of the organizational reasons for using multiple domains is to avoid potential problems associated with the Domain Administrator account.