Any suggestions on keeping just the keyword in the URL?

I am working on an article marketing campaign and am quite new to SEO. Targeting a keyword we want to rank for, I create numerous articles recently. But instead of keeping just the keyword I am targeting, the URL’s contain the entire article title.

Would it be better to create the URL with just the keyword? I have already started submitting these links that contain the entire article title and so I won’t be able to change anything now. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do?

Ya placing keyword in url is good practice in SEO .it will give more importance to url which have keyword in URL.

I really do not know what you are talking about. It is not possible to add just keywords to the titles because this would cause some problems with duplicate contents and pages. Including the main keywords as parts of the URLs can be very great and most forums plus article directories, as well as blogs, are using this system.

Keyword placement helps in SEO