ways to decrease the ranks of a keywords

I have a client, he want to decrease the rank of a particular keyword. can any one help me regarding this issue

can you cleared that why do you want to decrease the the rank,

Why they want to decrease rank of the keyword?

If the keyword contains only on on specific URL then work with robot.txt. Otherwise better stop promoting and reduce the keyword density but this all will take time

Interesting thread!
    Everyone want to increase rank of keywords but here you asking about how we can decrease the rank of keywords. You should stop the target this keywords to promote in your work then after some days your keyword ranking will be decrease automatically if your keyword is competitive.

It may be that your client doesn't want to see it on the first place instead on the second place......on these place would give you better result.

In simple way remove that keyword from Title Tag, Meta Description and H1 heading. I am damm sure next time when Google Crawl your site than your keyword ranking will get down.