Spider Vs. crawler

I just want to know that what is the difference between spider and crawler?

As per my view both are the same thing.

I think the spider is the same income information. Because it's like spider

I don't think they are different.

No big differences as they both relate to the technologies, robots and scripts being used by the search engines and a few directories to access the contents of the websites in an automated style. The modern statistics reporting tools, on your hosting panel, can tell you what kinds of crawlers have visited your site.

Maybe they're both arachnids? ;-) I think spider and crawler is the same thing too. Oh here, I looked it up: "A spider is nothing more than a computer program that follows certain links on the web and gathers information as it goes. For example, Googlebot will follow HREF or SRC tags to find pages and images that are associated with any given site. Because these crawlers are merely computer programs, they aren't always the smartest of creatures and may get caught in endless loops built by dynamically created webpages."

I believe that spiders and crawlers are the same.. Some webmasters name them differently.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Spider is promote to the link building and crawler is search a best content from the website and give top of the other.

Spider - a browser like program that downloads web pages.

Crawler – a program that automatically follows all of the links on each web page.

I do believe they are the same! They also work in the same way to aim to one goal. Maybe they collect different kinds of information on one page!
    My name is Linda Chow, I am running a small online clothing store where you can find and shop sweet Lolita dress, Gothic Lolita dress and many other lolita accessories | My New Store: Cheap Latex Clothing