Dedicated server setup

Hello everyone,

Not sure if I'm even in the right type of forum. If I'm in the wrong place, if some one could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

I bought a dedicated web server from Go Daddy, with their C-Panel option. Now I'm a bit overwhelmed at the correct steps to take to get my web page up and running. I was able to configure the FTP setting in C-Panel with my domain, I can log on using my FTP client and transfer files okay. I setup the nameservers both in C-Panel and from my Go Daddy account. It said it may take up to 48 hour to resolve the nameservers. Is there anyone that could help me along the way in setting up the server and the site with information?

If this is the wrong type of forum for what I'm asking, what type of forum am I looking for.

I've used Windows from before it was Windows(DOS 1.0) thru Windows 7. A year ago I switched over to using different Linux system and have not looked back. Thought I was ready to tackle a dedicated server and build a web site, but feel like I did the first day I installed my first Linux OS, overwhelmed and a bit bewildered.

I'm using KompoZer as a frontend website builder, gFTP as my FTP client, the server is running CentOS but I was told that C-Panel would eliminate the need to ssh in to configure anything.

Any help or advice would be great.

Have you tried to contact them directly?
    The thing is that the I know them as Domain registrar.. not sure about their hosting opportunities.

If you can't solved the problem even after trying several times,you'd better ask the customer support for help,tell them the details about your issue. I know,some hosting providers would help to set up the dedicated server if customer purchase a dedicated server. So it is very convenient for customer to use .
    So if your issue hasn't been solved now,go directly to contact their customer support .
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.