Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How to choose a domain name?

Domain names are the names with which your business is identified on the internet. It needs utmost care to chose a domain name that could perfectly deflect your service at first sight. Url is a good place to add your keyword and it is a strategy that proves that a site ranks well if it has the keywords in its domain name. This is something crucial in SEO. You may notice that whenever we are in search of a product say "lacme" we immediately try searching lacme.com at first but what happens if the site is named beautyproducts.com, obviously the user land in some other competitve page. Getting the good domain name is most important in SEO.

Short Domain names are easy to remember for the user. Search engines love static url than dynamic url. Hypenated names are easy to forget so never use it. Many might know the famous bookmarking site Delicious.com. At first they used hyphenated terms like Deli-ci-ous or something like that. it is hard to memorize but goodness now they changed it as a single term.

Another prominent factor in domain names is its extension if it is .com,.org, or .net, etc., it the site is intended for local community then register at the country's domain. The disadvantage is that other nation people may think that your business id localisedonly to that specific country indicated in the domain. Getting a .com extension domain is better yet competitive.

I am badly looking and searching for the best way to select domain name. I usually plan to have almost 5 words of domain name. is it short? or long enough. I would like to adopt your suggestion that I should choose short domain name to be remembered easily.

If you are choosing domain name for seo purposes then make sure that main keyword should be in domain, if the domain is not available then you can use hyphen at the place of space as well, it has seo value also.

I want to share 2 rules about How to choose a domain name?

2. One Possible Spelling – Try to find a domain name that only has one possible spelling. Most people cannot spell so make it easy for your website visitors to remember by choosing a domain name without a confusing spelling.
    3. Shorter is Better – The shorter your domain name is then the easier it is for your visitors to remember, the easier it is for your visitors to type, and the easier it is for your visitors to tell others about your domain name. All of these are good things.

I give you a good idea to choose a good domain name. First decide your keyword and then search on Godaddy.com, if this domain name is already booked then add some prefix or suffix of your selected domain name.

I am poorly sensing and searching for the uncomparable way to superior field identify. I unremarkably program to person near 5 words of area label. is it shortsighted? or agelong sufficiency. I would same to select your proffer that I should opt little class charge to be remembered easily.

When it comes to choosing a domain name for your website there are many things about the best approach. The selected domain name should be best and most friendly to Google. Here are some Points to Remember for Choosing the Right Domain Name @ http://webhostingsguide.blogspot.in/...ing-right.html
    Last edited by zita; 08-07-2012 at 05:26 AM.

I suppose that you should try to find a domain name that only has one possible spelling.
    Most people cannot spell so make it easy for your website visitors to remember by choosing a domain name without a confusing spelling.

I want to share 2-rules on how to choose a domain name?

2. A possible spelling - Try to find a domain name, which is only one spelling. Most people can not write to facilitate Web site visitors choose to remember the domain name without spelling confusion.

3. Shorter is better - the shorter the domain name will be easier for visitors to remember, the easier it will be the type of visitors, the easier it is to tell other visitors to the domain name. All these are good things.

Domain Name is very important thing for your website.Domain name should be related to the theme of your website.Suppose your site is related to music, then your domain name should be like "xyzmusic.com".Domain name should be as small as possible.With Domain name Domain Hosting is also important.

First decide your keyword and then search on Godaddy.com, if this domain name is already booked then add some prefix or suffix of your selected domain name.

i want to shell my domain name ilasoft.in .if anybody want this domain contact me

If it's feasible, use your business or brand name in your primary domain. People will remember it and associate it with your business. Also consider the following factors when choosing your primary domain.

Domain name extensions

Should your primary domain end with .com, .net, or .biz, or with a country-specific extension such as .ca or .co.uk?

I will give you a good idea to choose a good domain name. First, identify the keywords, and then search for Godaddy.com, the domain name if it has been scheduled, said some of the domain name prefix or suffix chosen.
    Last edited by markdickson123; 09-29-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast