Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How important is the location of the host?

I will be launching a youtube video to mp3 converter website this week and my current provider is currently in perth, Australia. I expect most of my visitors will be from the U.S so does it make more sense to go with a provider based over tehre instead?
    Thanks

More important is network quality. Location matters, but if the network is good, then the location won't affect the hosting. Although it is recommended that the closer the data center location the better it is.

Location of the server is not important. Just ensure the service providers reliability, down time of the server, technical support etc.

For general purposes, I would say that location isn't all that important. However, in this scenario you should probably consider a hosting provider with a US DataCenter. US to Australia is about as far away as it gets, and especially if you are streaming video, your visitors may notice some lag time during views and uploads.

it really depends on many factors :

The down time of the server
    The Technical assistance given by the hosting provider
    The Request time taken to load the page

My advice would be host the site where you want to do the business, it will become the local host server for that site.

I think that the location of your webhosting company is an important factor in your search engine ranking...

I think its nominal, not much effects.

I believe that the closer the better.. The location of the server and the target location of your audience should be close.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

It isn't the most important factor when choosing a host, but it is best to be based in the same region as your visitors. So in your case you should look for US based hosting.

Google doesn’t necessarily use your website’s hosting location as a ranking factor, but hosting will become more important with the roll out of Caffeine and an increased emphasis on speed.
    If the majority of your website visitors are from the UK, then having UK hosting will ensure that download time is kept to a minimum. Also, if your files are hosted on a slow server in Australia (for example), then Google may also judge your site to be slow and therefore penalise your rankings because of that.
    Asia Affordable Web Hosting Provider

you can check offers section of forums sites many hosting companies post their offers check and select one of them

I would not worry too much about it. If you were running game servers, then yes it would be an issue due to ping times. However, the provider in Australia will need to have a good network. If you are outside of Australia you can determine for yourself if it's slow. Otherwise, simply ask visitors on the connection speed. If they say it's slow, time to move...
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Since 2002 --> http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/HD/
    Tech Blog: http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/Blog/
    Sales: Lars A Jensen. Direct: 503-999-7518 9am-5+pm

Location matters, but you also look at their overall service. Select any hosting service according to their quality, if they are good enough to provide good hosting service then location is not a problem.

As per my thinking location of hosting provider doesn't matter you should look at their service only.

What happens if my website is only in Spanish and is primarily aimed at users in Spain?
    Is it best to locate the website on a Spanish hosting site or can I host it anywhere?
    Google (and other search engines like Bing or Yandex) allows you to set a country target in webmaster tools. Simply go to Search Traffic > International targeting > Country tab, and set a country target in the drop down menu. If your website uses a country-coded top-level domain (for example, .ES), then it is not possible to select any country, since Google associates these domains to a geographical location (in this example, to Spain). If your website uses a generic top-level domain (.com, .org, etc.) and do not enter any geographical orientation in webmaster tools, then segmentation will be based on other parameters such as:

Server IP address
    Information about location contained in the website (contact information, rich snippets and structured data, etc.)
    Backlinks to the page
    Any other relevant information included in Google My Bussiness (very important for local SEO).
    Therefore, if a website is hosted on a server in New York or Amsterdam, and it is directed to the public of Spain, it will be very important to set “Spain” in Google Webmaster Tools (or Bing Webmasters Tools).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast