Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    First of all, decide what operating system do you want?

Is it a Windows or Linux and accordingly choose the Windows VPS or Linux VPS respectively.

Following features you must look for before choosing VPS hosting.

(i) 100% dedicated Resources

(ii) Full Administrator Access

(iii) Plesk control panel

(iv) Latest technologies updated like IIS, ASP. NET, PHP, FrontPage Extensions, etc.

(v) Easy VPS Upgrades

(vi) Affordable Price

Customer Reviews
    Uptime Guarantee (SLA)
    Support Quality & Reply Time
    Storage (HDD)
    Processor (CPU)
    Unmanaged or Self-Managed VPS Hosting
    Fully-Managed VPS Hosting Location

VPS is widely considered the natural progression for companies upgrading from shared hosting. Affordable, high-performance and inherently more secure, it provides exceptionally more resources for just a small increase in price. While VPS might be the right decision, finding the best hosting provider and package needs some consideration. Here are some important tips to help you make the right choice.

Latency and location
    Expertise
    Security
    Domain Domains

Quote Originally Posted by jesica View Post
    Customer Reviews
    Uptime Guarantee (SLA)
    Support Quality & Reply Time
    Storage (HDD)
    Processor (CPU)
    Unmanaged or Self-Managed VPS Hosting
    Fully-Managed VPS Hosting Location
    yes all the points are very informative
    Domain Domains

Quote Originally Posted by mesasa View Post
    The market is flooded with VPS (virtual private server) hosting options. It seems everyone and their mother has a overloaded server in his/her closet. Enterprise options always seem priced insanely high, which make the ones that are cheap and claim enterprise level seem shaky.

What do you look for in a quality VPS provider (language support, 24/hr tech, etc), and how if at all do you check their credibility?
    That's a very good question. I have had so many good and bad experiences which actually led me to narrow down my search and then utilizing a provider for the most part of my career as a web developed.

In a host, I first look at how trustworthy the brand is, whether they have a good support team with great response time and whether they understand the nature of my query and deliver accordingly when it comes to any kind of hosting, even VPS.

Because the technology is virtually private fostered by KVM it could be tricky and hosting companies often face the issue of putting data on servers that are slow, which takes the uptime down. So I prefer a VPS provider which has high uptime with KVM backed infra or even cloud-backed VPS.

The next thing I look for is the costing for plans. It has to fit within the budget, anything below USD 30 for 140 GB is a steal so keep an eye on such good plans. I got a VPS plan for a similar range from HostGator India and trust me, its been a great experience.

Lastly, whether it complies with industry standards or not, security wise- SSL, comodo, code guard for data recovery are a must.

-hope this helps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123