what is your opinion about article directories?

Hello to everyone

what is your opinion about article marketing/ article directories for link building & traffic? is it still useful ?

and

is it right to submit the same article in multiple article directories??

Share your views..

Thanks in advance....

When I search for certain terms I still see various article websites showing up in the top ten SERP returns. SO if Google is still ranking them for certain term obviously they are still carrying some weight. Those are mostly long tail search terms but they are still ranking.

Articles are one of the best way to generate traffic. I think, same article can be submit into many article directories, its better to prefer high PR sites like Ezine articles. Article containing good title and effective content then people will definitely read it which results to get good ranking in search engines.
    vpswebserver.com - Windows VPS hosting by VPSWebServer.com √ Dedicated hardware √ MS Hyper-V technology

Yes, I still get traffic and backlinks from article directories. I don't submit to a lot of directories though and I always spin one article or write another unique article before I submit it to other directories.

yes this is good for those people who have knowledge about articles directories

Yes, articles bring targeted & potential visitor to your site.

According to me is useless to submit one article to multiple article directories. I think if you write an original article and submit it to one good article marketing site, it will give you much more traffic rather than to post it to various article directories.

For me, article directories are great help in increasing page rank. I used article submission as my primary method in link building. And it has good results really.

Article directories are great SEO techniques to increase the traffic towards our website. Always try to submit unique articles to different directories. Copied article don’t help.
    Last edited by antonygonsalves; 07-21-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Article Directories are good for SEO but use a new article in each directory for better SEO juice.

If article directories are giving you do follow links then this will benefit to rank for that keywords.

Hello Friend,
    Let me tell you one thing, no strategy is dead in SEO. The only thing is that all strategies are now optimized. Means we have to do link building systematically. For example a couple of years ago it was easy to rank first by submitting website to other site in bulk but now search engines consider it as spam. So keep in mind that you have to do your work systematically.
    Regards,
    Thomas