Thread: Spam mail

Angry Spam mail

Question about spam mail, I just recently helped my customer transfer domain. At that time, I changed admistrative contact's e-mail as well. Then, the client started to complain to me that I brought so many spam mail and virus to her account. I wonder that have you guys run into this kind of problem as well?

Especially, about spam mails and all effected virus mails, how can we solve this problem?

Never had this kind of problem, you said something about "virus to their account". I mean... how is it possible to have Virus =\. If your only sending spam mails abour your hosting.
    Low Price Hosting with High Quality; visit us at www.pxtek.com

1PlanHost
    It sounds like from your description that the persons email address was lifted from the domain whois. This can be prevented by doing a private registration (also called proxy registration) which hides the contact details from public view. See http://www.1planhost.com/domains for more details.

However, in my opinion, it is not wise to do this since it sends a message to those who are doing legitimate whois lookups (to validate the contact information or to see if the company is legitimate) that there is something to hide.

On the other hand, with all the viruses spreading these days from people's address books, it may have just been a temporary spam rush.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!