Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shared Hosting

Shared Hosting

My terms for shared hosting:

Monthly hosting charges should be under $10 per month (willing to pay upto $20 per month if host's reputation and service is excellent):

willing to pay 1 year upfront
    top quality server + loads of RAM must.
    multiple domains to be allowed
    Minimum 500MB space + 10 GB transfer per month.
    cpanel only.
    good, courteous support.
    Must be an established company - not one man outfits.

I took a look at lypha.com, midphase.com and westhost.com. I need opinions from forum members about the above hosts and any other reliable ones.

Thanks
    JG

Hi jamesgreen,
    Just a few suggestions when trying to locate reviews, feedback on a company.
    You could try searching by those co. names here in the "reviews" section of HostSearch:
    http://www.hostsearch.com/reviews.asp
    You can also do a search on google.com by co. name. Any feedback, past and present will result.
    Good Luck.

You will get some options in your private messege .
    FlyHigh.Net - for the webmaster in you

I have not heard anything about those companies which you have mention, search here Webhostingtalk and sitepoint for better results.
    DEHE.com - Linux and Windows VPS
    Powered by SolidHost

Sales@dehe.com

NS-Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by bin_asc
    You will get some options in your private messege .
    Just out of curiosity, what options would these be? Just hope they are not any form of self promotion..

Quote Originally Posted by NS-Icon
    Just out of curiosity, what options would these be? Just hope they are not any form of self promotion..

Im sure he meant he would pm him an offer. I tell you its a constant problem with hosting forums. Web hosts that do not follow the rules and self promote ANY possible way they can. That would speak volumes to me if I were the one looking for a host. Geez!

NS-Icon
    Hi,

Yes this is a constant problem, and one which we are working on, in the mean time we do appreciate users contacting us when they are approached by hosting companies with offers via the private message facility on this forum.

To be honest with you, most of the time its in the users best interest not to take up any offers like that via PM as the host itself could be banned or have lots of negative feedback which may go unnoticed via PM, however, if dealt with in the main forum other forum users can outline the negativity of the host for the user to consider.

The thing is, no one is going to send nor post deals from other members.Hosting companies will never obey rules like this. No hardfeelings, ok ?

NS-Icon
    I am aware that hosting companies will not follow the rules; this is why we rely on the users of the forum to get in touch if they receive a private message from a hosting provider who is advertising their service.

In the long-run it is in the user’s best interest to inform an administrator or moderator to deal with this as outlined in my previous post.

Personally, this is a crappy rule.But, who am I to complain ..

NS-Icon
    Firstly it’s not exactly a rule, just good practice. Secondly, those hosts who have intentions sending private messages for the purpose of self-advertising will find such a rule crappy.

But at the end of the day, this will help keep this forum clean, safe and not full of self-advertising hosts as you may find on other forums, keeping the place clear of spammers is a team effort which involves the forum users just as much as any administrator or moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by bin_asc
    Personally, this is a crappy rule.But, who am I to complain ..

Well its pretty much a standard rule within most all the forums Ive been too or frequent.
    Its just "not polite* to send someone a PM with a special deal.
    If potential clients visit these forums and want to take a look at your services its really pretty simple:
    1. They can click your url within your signature.
    2. If you have your business url within your profile they can simply look at that and contact you.

I agree with HostCaters, it is pretty much standard rule that is present on almost all respected forum communities.
    www.HostMarker.com - Web Hosting Directory
    Search and Browse Categorized Web Hosts
    Request Free Hosting Price Quotes

Not to mention without this rule every member would probably get spammed with different offers daily.

I agree with the guys.

These forums are for us as web hosts not to blatantly advertise ourselves through PM's, thats what the Advertising forums are for!

Forums such as these are made available so that we can offer help and advice to people looking for a service and not to be spammed by PM's, that's just plain rude and will get you nowhere!

Why not give a few recommendations instead, as the old saying goes "What goes around, comes around".
    John E
    IndigoHosts - Linux Shared and Reseller Hosting - Now with SiteBuilder as standard
    Linux & Windows VPS Solutions
    u www.indigohosts.com e info@indigohosts.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast