How link building is helpful for sites ranking

I have a site and my friend suggestion me about link building. what's its procedure. and which site should i change my link. please help me Thanks in advance!

Hi Friend,
    Building links is one of the many tactics used in search engine optimization (SEO) because links are a signal to Google that your site is a quality resource worthy of citation. Therefore, sites with more backlinks tend to earn higher rankings.

Some benefits of link building:

-More visibility of your blog in search results
    -Receive traffic from other websites linked to you
    -High-quality incoming links mean your site will be admired as a valuable resource
    -Link building also helps in getting indexed in search results quicker

Good bakclinks lead to higher ranking in google which ultimately leads to conversion.

Building links is one of the many tactics used in search engine optimization (SEO) because links are a signal to Google that your site is a quality resource worthy of citation. Therefore, sites with more backlinks tend to earn higher rankings.

More visibility of your blog in search results.
    Receive traffic from other websites linked to you.
    High-quality incoming links mean your site will be admired as a valuable resource. ...
    Link building also helps in getting indexed in search results quicker.

Backlinks are the most important type of link, but outbound links—links from your website to other sites—can also improve your site's search ranking. In a list of Google's 200 ranking factors, Backlinko put outbound link quality at #31.

Link building is important because it is a major factor in how Google ranks web pages. Google notes that: "In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages." ... The anchor text of the incoming links.

Broken Link Building
    Advanced Guide to Link Building
    Using Educational Linkbait to Get Valuable .Edu Links
    Linking Out Instead of Link Building to Rank in Google
    How to Get Links on Resources Pages

Link building is important because it is a major factor in how Google ranks web pages. Google notes that: "In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages."

As we've discussed, links are a very important signal that the search engines use to determine rankings. So, we know that increasing the number of high-quality links pointing at your website can significantly increase your chances of ranking well.