How to operate a website?

Operating and administering a website is a big deal. The huge responsibility that lies on the person in charge is really noteworthy. There are various complicated problems, skill deficiency that often arise while running a website. The person in charge has the full responsibility of marketing, promoting, optimizing the website. Usually the department of SEO is given to the new employees. I want to promote and expand the reaches of my online business. How can I do this? I would like to learn more about the skills required to run a website more smoothly. What are the basic qualities and skills I need to imbibe to make the website more famous?

Promoting Your Website
    Step 1
    Submit your website to search engines. Millions of people use search engines every day to find the websites they want. Opting not to submit your site to search engines is the equivalent of saying, "I'm not interested in having people visit my website." Using the search engine webmaster tools will give you a heads-up on any problems the search engines may be having with crawling your website.

Step 2
    Build links. Building links builds your visitor traffic and helps increase your search engine ranking. Contact the website administrators of websites that offer similar content as your website to see if they would be interested in exchanging links with you.

Step 3
    Submit your website to directories. Not only will getting your site listed in directories help to drive more visitors to your website, but directory listings are also a good way to build backlinks to your site. The Open Project Directory is a human-edited general web directory. It can take a long time to get your website listed in this directory, but it's well worth the effort and wait.

Step 4
    Update your site content regularly. Fresh content gives visitors to your website a reason to keep coming back. Plus, search engines love fresh content.

Step 5
    Use an analytics program to help you keep track of your website stats. This will help you gauge what you may need to work on pertaining to your website, as well as see what things you seem to be doing well. Using Google Analytics is one option. The Google Analytics program is incredibly comprehensive and free. It will help you track your website's visitor numbers, see what keywords are leading visitors to your site, how long visitors are staying, which pages are the most popular and much more.