Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi
    I signed up as a reseller with IPOWER about a year ago so I could offer the hosting and domain registration as part of website design package. I haven't had any trouble with them yet and don't need to (have enough trouble chasing down a client that hasn't paid me since May). Well, maybe I have to take that back. I found you guys when trying to find a forum for support concerning SPAM and a better method to ban specific countries' IPs. It's been awful; I have spent days cleaning out my email, my husbands and another client's. The only way to add an address to the SPAM list is to actually click it; which I've read only increases the problem since it can send this back and you end up with more. Constantly monitoring IPs and adding to the ban list is time consuming.
    My question is, who would you recommend as a reseller? I'm not looking to be a "hosting company" I just want to be able to provide the hosting to my web design clients. Or if you could recommend a website that offers "honest" reviews, I would really appreaciate it.
    Thank you and sorry if I rambled

NS-Icon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pbuenaventura View Post
    Hi
    I signed up as a reseller with IPOWER about a year ago so I could offer the hosting and domain registration as part of website design package. I haven't had any trouble with them yet and don't need to (have enough trouble chasing down a client that hasn't paid me since May). Well, maybe I have to take that back. I found you guys when trying to find a forum for support concerning SPAM and a better method to ban specific countries' IPs. It's been awful; I have spent days cleaning out my email, my husbands and another client's. The only way to add an address to the SPAM list is to actually click it; which I've read only increases the problem since it can send this back and you end up with more. Constantly monitoring IPs and adding to the ban list is time consuming.
    My question is, who would you recommend as a reseller? I'm not looking to be a "hosting company" I just want to be able to provide the hosting to my web design clients. Or if you could recommend a website that offers "honest" reviews, I would really appreaciate it.
    Thank you and sorry if I rambled
    Hi there, I know what you mean when you refer to SPAM its extremely terrible, our support used to be clogged full of SPAM making it really difficult to support our clients. We now use MailShield at http://www.mailshield.com.au/ its reduced almost all of the SPAM, we hardly get anything coming through these days, if you are still troubled, I would strongly recommend them.

With regards to hosting, try HostNexus.com, they are very reliable and have been going for a considerable time.

Best of luck.

yeah they are a joke and most of the staff dont know their *ss from a hole in the ground I once had a customer getting ddosed by some vps' from ipowerweb, I called them and could have killed myself at aggravation at these people.

First it was "Well them servers arent even online" then it was "you are responsible for your servers, if they get hacked its your fault " --implying I was calling saying the vps were mine and hacked.

the idiots could not grasp the concept that they have some hacked machines sending attacks.

After investigating this I come to find that they have some holes in their network management and more then one group of hackers have network level access to their datacenter. One guy I talked to in IRC once had access to over 50 ipower servers and vps' Thats a big problem there, I sure as heck wouldnt host anything there.

But I guess worst of all they are idiots, I guess they must hire anyone off teh street and try to train them because I didnt find an educated one in the bunch. I eventually had to add all of their subnets to my hardware firewall.

when a company like IPower provides bad service and product, word cannot get to their potential customer base in the same fashion, so they continue to sell and RELY on the unknowing customer - the market is 1000 times bigger than that of Levis' or Kroger or Amoco - and growing, so really a company who doesn't give a damn still can't lose. for every unhappy customer there's a new one coming along not knowing any better.

the ONLY way word gets around in this arena is by forums like this, customers like you and i who care about our peers and don't want OTHERS to be crapped on by IPower.

Angry I just registered to this forum to say that IPOWER is BAD...

My Mail and Web dedicated server has been down for 33 hours now...
    I have contacted support every 3 hours and everytime they told me that they are working on the problem (level 1, level 2, level 3, Sys Admin, level 2, Whatever!).
    They never told me what it was. I asked for the 5th time to have some details on the issue and they told me "we cannot ping or traceroute your server!". Imagine 33 hours to get to this conclusion!

I am so upset!!!

One year ago my server crashed may be because of Hackers so I had to re-install everything (the famous "You have to do your backup" Try 3Go backup on DSL...)
    It seems that their servers are really the target of hackers and are unstable.

I am going to switch to someone else as soon as I can get the data back (I hope)

My question is how does a business this bad keep so many customers? I mean this is one of those companies that should just be shot down and burned for the rest of their existance.

From Frying Pan to Fire

After hearing lots of warnings about Ipower, I transferred to Livehost just in time for it to be sold!

In fairness to Ipower, I'd had no problems with a simple html site that used no server side features. Email was dependable for two years. Can't say the same for Livehost.

So, now i'm searching again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2s2mad View Post
    My Mail and Web dedicated server has been down for 33 hours now...
    I have contacted support every 3 hours and everytime they told me that they are working on the problem (level 1, level 2, level 3, Sys Admin, level 2, Whatever!).
    They never told me what it was. I asked for the 5th time to have some details on the issue and they told me "we cannot ping or traceroute your server!". Imagine 33 hours to get to this conclusion!

I am so upset!!!

One year ago my server crashed may be because of Hackers so I had to re-install everything (the famous "You have to do your backup" Try 3Go backup on DSL...)
    It seems that their servers are really the target of hackers and are unstable.

I am going to switch to someone else as soon as I can get the data back (I hope)
    Before switching to any other try to visit our website and just take some feedback from our clients at our forum at ....

Quote Originally Posted by harrysmith View Post
    Before switching to any other try to visit our website and just take some feedback from our clients at our forum at ....
    have had so problems w/ipower especially w/PERL and PHP that I can't
    wait to switch but that's almost impossible thanx to their affilliation
    w/TuCows an almost impossible company to contact

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123