Tips for Ecommerce Website

Below are the tips which will be useful for Ecommerce Website Design;

1) Easy Navigation Process
    2) Least Number of Clicks to buy
    3) Visible Pricing for Products
    4) Online Customer Support
    5) Advanced Search Module
    6) Order Button

If any one wants to add more point please feel free to add.

ECommerce website has direct purpose of selling products or services, due to this user navigation and behavior is important to track as per the design of the website. Some important points to mark for ecommerce website design

Clear call to action implementation on landing

Inclusion of feature product or promotion in design.

Complex payment integration must be designed with simple user interface and must hide the complexity of code being executed back hand.

Complete and efficient working of search mechanism as a survey says most of the users abandoned the website because of irrelevant search result.

Products must be visible at as few levels as possible from a main product category if possible don't the level more than 2.

Simple Cart design for registered users containing all necessary information of previous activities.
    Last edited by Delois; 09-11-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Post Re:

You have really shared good tips on e-commerce web design.
    I liked it very much.Keep sharing such types of information.
    Thanks a lot !

Thanks for sharing this useful information, i would also like to add some major points one must cover in any Ecommerce Website Design:

1. Order Tracking
    2. Free Shipping
    3. Great Product Images Product
    4. Site Search
    5. Product Reviews
    6. A Newsletter

You may find it very common features to include in your site but these are the features which are very much necessary.
    Last edited by hannahraasch; 05-16-2012 at 04:16 AM.

I too use most of them to web design best on ecommerce, but haven’t try “Online Customer Support” and “Least Number of Clicks to buy” yet. So thanks for the tips hope this will be very useful for me.

Any of you who have experience using zen cart? Its functions are great but dont really like its design.

Yes really these tips helps you to design good e commerce site .. i agree with you.

Web design for Ecommerce website require lots of consideration to get maximum output from your promotional activities on ecommerece website. Easy navigation doesn't mean you display everything at front step regardless of products and its category. Easy navigation design for eCommerce website means giving priority to different pages as per its importance and users himself should be able to identify the purpose of the specific page. Showing most relevant products on one product page would also get considered in navigation. A product page design which is able to display all the things simply and user friendly design of the payment processing page to take interactive steps in exact sequence. All these things together counted to rank web design of an eCommerce website.
    Last edited by Delois; 09-11-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Ecommerce websites should be designed in such a way that visitors could easily find their products. It is very important to provide user friendly and attractive ecommerce website. If you follow some simple steps you can get an attractive and engaging ecommerce website:
    1.Keep things simple and clear
    2.User friendly
    3.Product images and pricing
    4.Include a search button
    5.Online customer support

WOW very nice tips thanks for shearing..

Great suggestions for anyone starting or making revisions on their e-commerce site. Some hosting providers offer all inclusive e-commerce solutions which can take some of the guess work out of the setup process and bundle your costs into one easy monthly payment. If a host doesn't offer a bundled package then contact sales directly and they will most likely be happy to work with you to find the best systems to manage your online store front.
    Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - Serving Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, NJ, and the UK
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers | Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers ~Cloud~SSD~Resellers~cPanel Shared

The tips for Ecommerce website design you have given above is very good but I want to add some more points which are important for the design and they are as bellow:

1. Keep the shopping cart visible to all customers.
    2. Give the searching option if your website is too large.
    3. Give the facility of viewing the item to the customers or visitors.
    4. Give all the necessary details of the product on the website.
    5. Make CSS which is fitted to any browser.
    Last edited by Delois; 09-11-2012 at 08:18 AM.

I have tried to use most of them for web design that works best on ecommerce, but haven’t tried “Online Customer Support” and “Least Number of Clicks to buy” as of now. So I thank you for the tips hope this will surely work for me.

You have really distributed excellent guidelines on e-commerce web style.
    I liked it very much.Keep giving such kinds of details.
    Thanks a lot !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast