Link Wheel vs Link Farming

Hello, everyone!

I am an SEO learner. I have been searching for a while but the difference between a Link Wheel and a Link Farm. Which is a little unclear to me.

1. Both are made by the webmaster himself. So, why is one White Hat and the later Black Hat?

2. When google discovers link farm it will devalue your links is the case same for Link Wheel?

3. Both are made on Web 2.0. Which one gets you better rankings?

Can you help me?

Link wheel is considered as white hat and link farming is considered as black hat. Because link farming is a group of links whether they are relevant or not so it is a form of spamming techniques as view of search engines.
    Last edited by bryanbell; 09-12-2012 at 02:02 AM.

1. Link wheel is a circular chain of related, unique content which constitutes a good strategy while link farm is a form of spamming the index of a search engine. Since link farming is done with the sole intention of manipulation, it comes under black hat. And for that matter, when you are doing link wheeling only for the sake of crazy linking, it too ceases to be effective.

2. I think I have answered that above.

3. Link wheel provided you are linking quality content.
    Last edited by Amy.Sarin; 02-17-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    230% more traffic with 12+ Keyword Research Tools

Link wheel is considered as white hat and link farming is considered as black hat.

Link farm is the process of any group of websites that all hyper link to every other sites in the group. Link wheel refers group of websites and pointed to the targeted websites that is called link wheel .Link farm is the form of spamming index of the search engine optimization.

Post Link Wheel vs Link Farming

Link Wheel is ethical way, link wheel is your own self generated relevant and unique article on a high PR site or blog which is connected to each other and have a hyperlink in the content linked to the main domain.
    Link farming is an unethical way to get success. Link farm is link exchange like group of website whether it's relevant or not so it is spam activity in terms of search engine criteria.

But i think now a days google did not like link wheel to as it is also consider a spam?

A link farm is a form of spamming the index of a search engine.The link wheels is to create a pattern of links which flow from one website to another which would finally link to a targeted website requiring promotion.

Link farm - simple if you see a site with a bunch of outbound links then you are looking at link farm. It is obvious, and when you see it you will not have any doubts that just maybe this is a link farm and not a place where you want your link. They have nothing to do with Web 2.0 properties.

Link Wheels are using Web 2.0 properties and others to enhance the search engine results, however you have to do them the right way with unique content, using hubpage, infobarrel, etc, if you content sucks they will not let you publish it any way, so that should be a good indicator if you are doing something real dumb.
    Asia Affordable Web Hosting Provider

link farm can't help your site and will just end up getting ban or penalized. Link wheel can help your site but it depends on the quality of your post.

Nice information... Thanks

Link wheel is ethic way and link farming is unethical way to get success. Link wheel is your own self generated relevant and unique article on high pr site or blog which is connected to each other and have hyperlink in content linked to main domain. Where link farm is link exchange like group of website whether it relevant or not so it is spam activity in terms of search engine criteria.

I would say they are grey hat and black hat respectively and would advise to avoid both tactics.

If there are genuine reasons to interlink each site - if relevant and appropriate to do so - then fine, go ahead but if the purpose of a link wheel is solely to gain in rankings then stay clear.

Google gets cleverer by the month - it's updating it's 'panda' (quality) algorithm regularly - any patterns in link building that may look artificial, unnatural or clearly created to try and trick search engines and gain rankings rather than be useful\relevant to the user are likely to incur link devaluation or penalties - if not now then likely at some point in the future.