Google Adds Barcode Scanning to Product Search

Hi Everyone,
    Google Product Search for Mobile now has barcode scanning ability. The obvious convenience factor is that, rather than typing in the name of the product you’re looking at, you can just scan the barcode and get shopping results (and information) on your Android-powered phone.

Google’s announcement today explains that barcode scanning currently is at its best with products like books, movies, electronics, and video games. Google says they’re working on adding more barcode types.

The new Barcode Scanner is available in the US and UK on Android-powered devices only — there’s no iPhone equivalent from Google on this tool. As we were trading emails on this earlier, Barry Schwartz pointed out that there are a few barcode scanning apps for the iPhone, but the camera doesn’t take clear enough photos to make the scanning effective.

I am using Barcode Reader for .NET .
    It also can decode barcode by C# or VB.NET.
    Share it with you !

find a professional image barcode creater and reader, any suggestion?
    Last edited by Dupont; 04-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.

I heard the barcode reader is helpful,it can read and scan 1d & 2d barcode images in .NET, such as Code 39, Code 128, QR Code, PDF-417, etc.
    Last edited by mariah; 11-20-2013 at 09:25 PM.

nice post..thanks for sharing it...

actually,i 'm now using its reader for code 39,and code 128 barcode for my work.using good! later ,if yes,i would lik e to try another ones.

Oh, really? can you tell me which barcode reading plugin I should install for google barcode scanning? I ususally use an independent web image barcode scanner in a broswer, and I believe if we can combine the barcode reading toolkit with a broswer, things will be easier!

Oooo well done Google, it's very cool
    If you come to Belgrade follow this link: Rentacar Stars or Rent a car Beograd Ar
    If you need good web developer, you can visit Izrada sajta

I think the barcode scanning ability of Google Product Search will bring more convenience for us.But it's a pity that now the new barcode scanner is only available on Android,my iPhone can't use it?

Quote Originally Posted by andyadams View Post
    I think the barcode scanning ability of Google Product Search will bring more convenience for us.But it's a pity that now the new barcode scanner is only available on Android,my iPhone can't use it?
    Yes, I also didn't find google bar code scanner on app store, but shopsavvy is also good.

Google Product Search for Mobile now has barcode scanning ability. The obvious convenience factor is that, rather than typing in the name of the product you're looking at, you can just scan the barcode and get shopping results (and information) on your Android-powered phone.

you can also generate for any of your product or personal use from online site for free visit here