Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    windows for personal and linux is for professional

Linux vs Windows hosting

We run both Windows and Linux servers and the differences I've seen between them are:

- Linux has more features and things tend to work out of the box more quickly.
    - Windows is more stable and rarely do you ever have to deal with any sort of load or abuse issues. However, it is more nit picky and requires a lot more nitty gritty work to get things to work properly sometimes.

I use both of them, but personally i feel that Windows is more better.
    Specially i really enjoy working on Windows 7. So my vote goes with Windows.
    Thanks

Linux web hosting is very economical as Linux is a free operating system and it is an open source,
    A Linux website can easily be converted to a Windows website and It supports PHP, MySQL,Perl.
    Windows web hosting run classic ASP or .NET scripts,It is very secure.

Linux hosting refers to shared hosting, the most popular hosting service in the market .On the other hand, Windows hosting uses Windows as the servers operating system and offers Windows specific technologies such as ASP, . NET, Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL server.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12