Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is Base Tag?

The HTML base tag is used to specify a base URI, or URL, for relative links. For example, you can set the base URL once at the top of your page, then all subsequent relative links will use that URL as a starting point.

For Example:

<html>
    <head>
    <base href="http://www.quackit.com/javascript/" target="_blank"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <p>Learn about <a href="javascript_arrays.cfm">JavaScript Arrays</a></p>
    </body>
    </html>
    Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Defines the base location for links on a page.
    Asia Affordable Web Hosting Provider

The base tag specifies the base URL or target for all relative URLs in a document. It is indicated as <base> in HTML codes.

Its a stated that too much option for using HTML to submit a link and for a good tags.

Yes, nicely described. Actually the base tag tells the browser what the base URL for elements should be. If you are using full-path URLs with no <base> tag, then the browser assumes that the base URL is the current domain name.

Specifies the default target for all hyperlinks and forms in the page. The <base> tag goes inside the <head> element. The <base> tag does not support any event attributes and any standard attributes.

What is the use of base URL in SEO. I have not used any such thing while i optimize for my client websites. Is it necessary to implement ?

Hi,
    Sorry i do't know

The <base> tag specifies the base URL/target for all relative URLs in a document.

The <base> tag goes inside the <head> element.
    The <base> tag is supported in all major browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by smartkathy View Post
    The HTML base tag is used to specify a base URI, or URL, for relative links. For example, you can set the base URL once at the top of your page, then all subsequent relative links will use that URL as a starting point.

For Example:

<html>
    <head>
    <base href="http://www.quackit.com/javascript/" target="_blank"/>
    </head>
    <body>
    <p>Learn about <a href="javascript_arrays.cfm">JavaScript Arrays</a></p>
    </body>
    </html>
    Nice information with example.Thanks for share this wonderful information.As a beginner it will be guide to me to know these things .Thank you

The base tag specifies a default URL and a default target for all links on a page. It allows other URLs in the document to use relative addresses that are relative to the base URL.

Hi smartkathy,

what is the benifits of base tag. is there any effect on ranking. can you explain in detail...?

Hi Adamscot as I have already mentioned that, the HTML base tag is used to specify a base URL, for relative links. Yeah of course it has effect on ranking as by this tag we can know the dead pages (404 errors) of our website.

Thank You
    Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast