eCommerce Security Issues

Hi there. If you have any answers or suggestion, please share it here. Thanks a lot in advance.
    Follow us on Facebook & Twitter

E-commerce is a big portal for online business and they are using payments on ECI mode. E-commerce system can be operated by anyone from their irrespectively place. For internet business without strong security there will be huge risk of business from internet hackers. Follow the given links to get the necessary information about the E-commerce security. http://webscience.ie/blog/2010/secur...in-e-commerce/

In my experience e-commerce is one of the areas most susceptible to experience IT security problems (the other one being e-healthcare). I would say their main concerns are:

Customer data theft. E-commerce tend to have a lot of private information (tip: don't ask data you don't really need!). This is a goldmine for hackers and further identity theft.

Credit card information. If processing and storing somewhere the credit card information of customers, this is way to easy to exploit. Notice that you shouldn't really have to process CC information, better to use payment gateways. Never store CC information in anyway, not even in logs.

Reputation damage. Most e-commerce sites will suffer unquantifiable losses from damage to its reputation. In particular small e-commerce sites might even be forced to shut down if they lose their confidence from their clients and providers. Having a plan to manage data breaches is more crucial than ever.

It seems to me that one of the main threats that lie in wait for any company at all stages is the substitution of the Web server page of an electronic store. In my case, the main method of implementation is just redirecting user requests to another server. In any case, it seems to me that the most important thing in e-commerce is IT security. Just like in real life, when you need for example,mobile security patrol. Similarly, any e-commerce mainly needs reliable security. (the main concerns were already described above)
    Last edited by JoanHodges26; 01-19-2021 at 02:52 AM.

Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks. A DDoS attack involves your website's servers being flooded with requests from potentially thousands of untraceable IP addresses. ...
    Credit card fraud. ...
    Malware. ...
    Bad bots. ...
    E-skimming.

Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks. A DDoS attack involves your website's servers being flooded with requests from potentially thousands of untraceable IP addresses.

Yes, it's generally not safe. It is better to pay with paper money. Just kidding. Actually, there are quite a few problems, but for me the biggest one is that I just have a hard time keeping it all in my head. There's a lot of information and it's updated every day. For example just yesterday I found out here https://askwallet.io/blogs/zero-percent-credit-cards what a 0% interest credit card is and that it even exists. It's useful knowledge.
    Last edited by Cyberwhite; 09-26-2022 at 05:36 AM.