Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

What ASP-Hosting.ca directed me to was the instruction of how to insert the footers. Does anyone know how I can insert a header? IIS has supported the footer for several versions. This didn't seem to be what I wanted. I couldn't find out the trick to insert the header

1PlanHost
    Khun, I am curious as to how you are running the numbers on free hosting service. Historically speaking they usually turn out to be a financial loss. The backlinks for SEO purposes may prove to be valuable but then again Google and others tend to limit the impact on thousands of links originating from the same Class C IP block. There was once a big name Windows host that got into serious PR problems when they used the footer technique to create a hidden file (with backlink to their site) on ALL of their customers pages without permission. Sure they shot up there like a rocket in the search positions but then rapidly declined. Of course you are talking about a free service where the customers would agree in advance to have the footer on their pages so it may work out for you if you have lots of customers.

If you are not running email and dont need root level access to the server, we may be able to rent a server to you along that price range. We do not provide colo or dedicated with root access at this time but do offer managed dedicated servers. The price would obviously depend on how the server is configured and required bandwidth usage.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Quote Originally Posted by 1PlanHost
    Khun, I am curious as to how you are running the numbers on free hosting service. Historically speaking they usually turn out to be a financial loss. The backlinks for SEO purposes may prove to be valuable but then again Google and others tend to limit the impact on thousands of links originating from the same Class C IP block. There was once a big name Windows host that got into serious PR problems when they used the footer technique to create a hidden file (with backlink to their site) on ALL of their customers pages without permission. Sure they shot up there like a rocket in the search positions but then rapidly declined. Of course you are talking about a free service where the customers would agree in advance to have the footer on their pages so it may work out for you if you have lots of customers.

If you are not running email and dont need root level access to the server, we may be able to rent a server to you along that price range. We do not provide colo or dedicated with root access at this time but do offer managed dedicated servers. The price would obviously depend on how the server is configured and required bandwidth usage.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!
    checking the following page http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ortunecity.com

Thay are #1 rank in "web hosting" most of the link are from sub domain that thay offer a free host
    Travel guide the ultimate world travel guide

then again Google and others tend to limit the impact on thousands of links originating from the same Class C IP block.
    This is simply not true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12