What is the Difference between Unlimited and Unmetered?

I have seen many hosting providers offer unlimited bandwidth and hosting and many also offer unmetered bandwidth.

I want to know what exactly is the difference between the two and which one is better?
    Eranet@Web Hosting www.eranet.com
    Web Hosting, Email & Domains! Trusted by Millions.

Registered User GardnerBulkeley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magiccn View Post
    I have seen many hosting providers offer unlimited bandwidth and hosting and many also offer unmetered bandwidth.

I want to know what exactly is the difference between the two and which one is better?
    I think this would help :What is the Difference between Unlimited and Unmetered?
    eUKhost : UK Web hosting | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Linux VPS hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting
    Join the Best Web Hosting Affiliate Program for Free & Earn up to £400!!

I thought they are the just same. Thanks for the info.

hate to say it but either way its still metered and monitored.

In the TOS it says that if a "server" or website using too much data they have every right to shut the site down.

But to answer your question. Bandwidth is the amount of data going in and out of the server("internet")

So in reality unlimited and unmetered is the same. just worded differently.

Unmetered shows a signal that the company allow you as much but when they think you are crossing the line then simply alert you.

In Unlimited it is a signal that there is limitless bandwidth.

In other words we can say that, “Unmetered bandwidth” refers to the speed of data-transfer, whereas on the other hand, “Unlimited bandwidth” ideally means that as far as the amount of data-transfer goes, you can download or upload as much data as you want in a given period of time.

In other words, we can say that “Unmetered bandwidth” refers to the speed of data transfer, whereas on the other hand, “Unlimited bandwidth” ideally means that as far as the amount of data-transfer goes, you can download or upload as much data as you want in a given period of time.

There is a very little difference between unmetered and unlimited.So, I would like to differ both of them is that unmetered bandwidth means the speed of data transfer and unlimited bandwidth means the amount of data transfer.

"Unmetered bandwidth" refers to the speed of data-transfer. ... On the other hand, "Unlimited bandwidth" ideally means that as far as the amount of data-transfer goes, you can download or upload as much data as you want in a given period of time.
    Kind Regards

ResellBox.net