Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what is VPS and window hosting?

Hello Guys,
    what is VPS and Window hosting, And what is the different between ? I am no have more knowledge about hosting. so let me help to know about that. so pleases share your reviews and suggestion.
    Thanks

Registered User GardnerBulkeley's Avatar
    A vps is a server and windows is an OS. You cannot compare these. You can refer here for more information: http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthr...private+server
    eUKhost : UK Web hosting | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Linux VPS hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting
    Join the Best Web Hosting Affiliate Program for Free & Earn up to £400!!

I believe that Aspnix windows VPS plans will be much more reasonable for you
    They have network speed test - you will have opportunity to test your speed connectivity.
    Charcoal is usually produced by slow pyrolysis, the heating of wood, sugar, bone char, or other substances in the absence of oxygen

VPS is private server that virtually support to host your website and window is hosting.

VPS hosting is one of the best web hosting, it is working with the virtual private servers. Generally all websites are hosted on the same machine, then also vps allows every website to be totally independent as if each were on its own separate machine. Windows hosting is a service of hosting a website over a windows server, it is simply the software used to run the server.
    Last edited by sleevajackson; 05-02-2013 at 11:10 AM.

VPS means Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting bridges the gap between Shared Hosting and Dedicated Hosting.

Windows is type of Operating System.
    AccuWebHosting.Com | ASP.Net Hosting Provider Since 2003
    Cloud Powered Hosting | Windows VPS | Dedicated Servers
    US Based Hosting Company | Trusted by 20,000+ Clients Worldwide

VPS is a virtual private server ( this is your own server with individual access) and Windows hosting is a type of shared hosting ( you share the server space with other clients on the server).

VPS hosting is a type of web hosting that uses Virtual Private Servers. Although the websites are hosted on the same physical machine, VPS allows each website to be fully independent as if each were on its own separate machine.
    A server needs any operating system as a platform to run. So any type of hosting using Microsoft windows as an operating system is known as windows hosting. The other famous operating system in the hosting field is Linux hosting.
    You can get best deals on VPS hosting and windows hosting from tucktail.com at low cost with 24/7 customer support. Good luck mate.

VPS hosting is virtual private server where you can host any number of websites you need in a given space and bandwidth.
    Windows hosting is just a hosting platform like linux and windows. This you will get in both shared hosting and vps hosting plans.

I suppose you should look for quality hosting solutions from reputable hosts. My suggestion is 7Host.com services. They are proving performance stable servers and low prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmoudf View Post
    Windows hosting is a type of shared hosting ( you share the server space with other clients on the server).
    I have not get this answer can you please elaborate about this so that I can familiar with the hosting stretagy?

VPS is a virtual private server;
    Window Hosting is web hosting and windows is an OS.

I suggest you to have more reliable options to make a proper choice. As I know Aspnix.com is a reputable company which provides a wide range of IT services in a quality manner. Having deals with them means your hosting is in the professional hands.

VPS hosting is one of the best web hosting, it is working with the virtual private servers. Generally all websites are hosted on the same machine, then also vps allows every website to be totally independent as if each were on its own separate machine. Windows hosting is a service of hosting a website over a windows server, it is simply the software used to run the server.

A VPS (virtual private server) is a Virtual Machine running in a single system. It allows each website to be fully independent as each were on its own separate machine.

Windows hosting is a service hosting a website in a Microsoft windows server. If the web hosting server doesn’t windows, if you use windows on your PC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast