Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is reselling profitable?

There seem to be a lot of nresellers. What % make it in terms of generating a worthwile reveue, I wonder?

K

Quote Originally Posted by khaosan View Post
    There seem to be a lot of nresellers. What % make it in terms of generating a worthwile reveue, I wonder?

K
    It depends on the web hosting company itself, for example, HqHost.net offers to pay a commission of 5%-20% for each referred customer that buys HQHost.net services.

Quote Originally Posted by khaosan View Post

K
    There is no strict percentage.. It all really depends on who you are targetting and the niche you are involved with..

IMO, there is a lot of potential profits in reseller hosting to be made.
    InnoHosting Ltd || Now utilizing Quad Core Dell and IBM eServers
    UK and USA Reseller Hosting with 24x7 Toll Free Phone Support
    Reseller accounts with WHMCS/Clustered DNS/Domain+SSL Reseller/CE/RapidSSL+ More!
    █ Now featuring Rapid Response Sales, Billing and Tech End-user Support!!

I think that it depends on your skills (especially promotional) and only in case end user support from main company.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Reselling products on the web, and especially items related to the web hosting and domain registration can really be great and profitable.

But, provided that you also work on your website, so that more and more new customers sign up through your website.
    Last edited by bermuda; 01-06-2008 at 01:39 PM.

To start your business from reselling is a beneficial thing. A right web hosting company must be chosen for that.
    ServerPoint.com, for example, has offered shared and dedicated servers for reselling.

You are the only one who can tell what is worthwhile for you and what is not.
    I started as a reseller and I became "profitable" in just 4 weeks. I mean I was able to pay my reseller account fees, from the money coming in from new customers. Keep in mind that you have to support your customers, and your time costs money.

Yes reselling is still profitable. It takes alot of time and alot of hard work but in the end it pays off. Its better to start of reselling first then move on to vps and dedicated servers.
    Vanguard-Hosting.com - Premium Web Hosting and Domain Registration
    24x7 Toll Free Support, 99.98% Uptime Guaranteed
    E-gold, Paypal, Alertpay, Liberty Reserve, Adult Hosting Allowed
    Call Us Toll Free 1-877-434-2973 or 954-840-3465

Anyway reselling is in popular demand and I think that answers all your questions.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

If you do something other than just hosting - value added services like web design, programming,. SEO etc. reslling will help you to increase the customer sickiness.
    Looking for Cloud Hosting? Get some MediaTemple Coupons
    Shared Hosting? Get some MyHosting Promo Code Or Hostmonster Coupon

alemcherry - absolutely right here.
    And I'm more then sure that most of web masters do that do to that reasons.

Reselling is profitable if you are only considering the cost of your reseller account but most people forget the other costs involved such as help desk and billing software cost, c/c processing including chargeback's etc, hardware and software costs (your PC, laptop, PDA, windows, Photoshop, FTP clients, power etc) and most importantly how much would you value you time?
    [ UK. USA. Singapore. ] Shared Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Dedicated Servers. VPS [ FREE 30 Day Trial ]

SkyNetHosting.Net

There is a lot of potential in reselling web hosting and it is particularly good for new companies just starting their business and the cost of start up is very low. However, find a good Reseller Hosting company otherwise you will end up attending to customers more than thinking about ways to grow your business.

Yes reselling is still profitable. It takes alot of time and alot of hard work but in the end it pays off. Its better to start of reselling first then move on to vps and dedicated servers.
    In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein
    Audio Production Degrees

And some companies provide dedicated reselling.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast