What is SEO Co-citation?

Can anybody tell me, what is SEO Co-citation and its impacts?

Co-citation is an important and yet not very widespread phenomena that has been lying at the core of SEO to date. In short it is that certain things are always mentioned in similar contexts with certain affiliations. The affiliations or the sites end up getting ranked for the terms for which they have been co-cited with.

So called co-citation (text around your link) is and has been present for a long time in SEO, for somebody rename it and tried to claim it as his invention.

Co-citation is an important and yet not very widespread phenomena that has been lying at the core of SEO to date. In short it is that certain things are always mentioned in similar contexts with certain affiliations. The affiliations or the sites end up getting ranked for the terms for which they have been co-cited with. The article of SEOMoz would help get a clear picture of this.

It's been a new topic for me to widen my knowledge that I came to know from this forum.

The SEO cocitation a hot topic since many years as Google introduced anti-spam updates geared towards reducing the value of links from blog networks of poor quality. Turned more recent discussions of cocitation the focus away from the link juice and about the words used in all over the links.

SEO cocitation is the transitive property of link juice that defines how a domain may gain authority (i.e., link juice) not only from direct links, but from common links. Text around your link is something else, I've always called that Symantec similarity or keyword density.

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your tips.These tips are really helpful for everybody.

Thanks to all of you but i dont understand what is it.

Co-citation is an important and yet not very widespread phenomena that has been lying at the core of SEO to date. In short it is that certain things are always mentioned in similar contexts with certain affiliations. The affiliations or the sites end up getting ranked for the terms for which they have been co-cited with. The article of SEOMoz would help get a clear picture of this.

So informative thread, thanks to all of you for sharing your feedback on this topic, its so informative for me.

Thanks SEO marketing UK for focusing more on this subject. And, thanks manov for the link.

SEO Cocitation Core Concepts
    1. Link juice flows backwards as well as forward
    2. Good websites link to other good websites
    3. Linking to a bad neighborhood hurts a website
    4. The link graph uses the transitive property
    5. The words around your links matter

Conclusions

Trying to understand SEO cocitation can be difficult. But the basic takeaways for small business websites owners are clear:

Link freely to other highly authoritative websites in the space (i.e., relevant).
    Don't link to bad neighborhoods.
    When seeking inbound links, be mindful not only of the domain authority and relevance of the linking website, but where else that website links to. This will rule out most link buying tactics as those who sell links usually do so from networks, and almost always link to low-quality sites (i.e., other link buyers).

Well, it is a new thing for me that I learned over here. Thank guys!