Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Could you please share the name of the company it took place with?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

good uptime, Prompt service, including support

Attributes of reliability, Hoster's version:

-Long time Experience, supported with good reviews and feedbacks from people who tried.
    -The own datacenter(s), making the company less dependent.
    -Constant Uptime, which usually follows quality and reliable hardware and conditions of its location
    - Clear and easy-to-understand TOS, excluding hidden fees. Everything myst be clear, Hidden is near to Scam
    - REAL price and offer, corresponding the market situaltion. 'Unlimited' for ~$20/year - is NOT GOOD.
    - Free additional features. If company can provide free features, like website builder, domain names, parking, etc. that means it can afford it-> is Stable.
    - Mutifaceted: extra services, like SEO and Administration are very big +.
    - Well-known. The companies which no one knows could not have enough experience.
    - Fast respond for support. If your ticket is not responded AT LEAST within 24 hrs - leave this provider.

That is all, I think.
    Cheers

I feel

- Service {Either uptime,customer care}

- Price {Even if it is high }

- Quality

Choosing the right host is a very important decision. I've compiled a short list of do's and don't when it comes to web hosting.

1) UNLIMITED features. Rarely trust companies that offer unlimited space/bandwidth etc. as this is blatant overselling. When was the last time you saw an unlimited hard drive?! Companies that offer unlimited hosting features may not be around long and their other services tend to suffer - e.g. support.

2) Free hosting. Be wary of free hosts, particularly ones that seem to be giving far too good a deal to you - they probably are. The Webmaster-talk forums are regularly spammed with free hosting, and one that keeps cropping up is called ********.com. I urge you to ignore this as a highly reputable hosts do not spam forums!

3) Your ACTUAL needs. You might be excited by hosts that offer 5GB of storage space and 1000GB (1TB) of bandwidth for very low prices, but you should at the very least be wary of such companies. Besides the con issue, ask yourself - do you even need such large resources? For most small companies and individuals starting up, a maximum of 500MB web storage space and roughly 5GB bandwidth will be adequate. Once your site is up and running, you will be able to see whether you do need more or not and if necessary, you can upgrade. Some hosts (hostmonster.com being an example) seem to offer incredible packages for very low amounts of money. However, companies like this are often unreliable and may end up throwing you off their server if you start using these extreme amounts of resources. See tip no. 5 for solution.

4) Do your research. It's very important to do adequate resource on whichever host you choose: don't just take their word for everything. Check what the technology experts are saying on the issue (e.g. look through reputable technology magazines for reviews). BE CAREFUL WHEN SEARCHING REVIEW SITES - THEY USUALLY EARN COMMISSION FOR EACH SIGNUP SO WILL PUSH THE HIGHEST BIDDING HOST!! While it sounds infantile, type queries like "..... .com sucks" and also search through their own support forums (assuming they have them) to see how quickly issues are resolved. Try contacting their support or sales departments with questions to get a good perspective of their response times. Remember, if their sales department take a while before they have your custom, imagine how long they may take when they do have your custom!

5) When your needs outweight most plans. If you've outgrown your current plan and you are using very large resource amounts, it may be time to think about renting out a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a Dedicated Server. I emphasize that this will not be necessary unless you are receiving a lot of visitors (traffic) and unless you are storing a very large amount of data (e.g. hundreds of photos, movies or software downloads). VPS' are now relatively cheap and combine reliability with speed and of course more space and bandwidth. A typical entry VPS may offer you 10GB storage and 100GB bandwidth. If you have extreme needs and you are already running a very busy site, you may even contemplate renting out a Dedicated server from a hosting company. Dedicated servers are computers entirely dedicated to your own web site and are very reliable (if you choose the right host) but are overkill for the vast majority of people.

robert25
    Uptime
    Support
    Contact Options
    Money back guarantee
    Esafe certifications
    Genuine Reviews
    Thats my views check out explorewebhosts.com for most reliable web hosts.

Normally what I look for is good uptime, quality support, good reviews, what you provide in your service like cPanel, Fantastico Deluxe, and cheap prices. That's basically what all the hosting companies should provide. Some companies do have it's own unique ability.

HostSearch Web Editor
    Web hosts that don't spam forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    1)Experience in the industry
    2)concept behind company's business
    3)efficient stuff
    4)advanced technologies employed
    All the rest of the things mentioned in the posts above are just the outcomes of these factors.
    I'm just trying to analize what makes companies like Rackspace.com and Serverpoint.com successful and that's probably the factors I've mentioned.
    Do appreciate your points.like to add more.
    uptime,reputation etc

uptime there deal of they are giving to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hostingITrust View Post
    I see so many people asking for a reliable hosting company. What in your opinion are the factors that makes a company reliable?
    I my opinion these factor are:
    1. High Uptime
    2. Professional 24/7 Customer Tech Support.
    3. Clients security.
    4. Affordable Price

Two Aspects....

Reliability and Affordability

hello and welcome to the best fta site on the net. We are glad you are here and hope you enjoy this great site. Thanks for being here
    comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto

Maximum uptime guarantee, excellent customer support, Affordable price

Quote Originally Posted by hostingITrust View Post
    I see so many people asking for a reliable hosting company. What in your opinion are the factors that makes a company reliable?
    First is uptime, and server speed. And if those two ever fail, one would expect great support to kick in and save the day.
    ITSJUSTHOSTING.com - More Than Just Hosting - NEVER Oversold.
    Premium Shared | Reseller | Semi-Dedicated | Managed VPS | Managed Hybrid | Managed Servers
    LiteSpeed Powered | Daily + Nightly Off-Site Backups | 15 Minute Response time SLA | 99.9% Uptime SLA
    █ RVSitebuilder Pro, Fantastico + Installatron + Softaculous

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast