Thread: Server Security

Server Security

Hello sir,,,

I think my server is facing high problems and it seems like hacked..Can you please tell me the reason for slowing down my system and how can i resolve it sir..I am facing serious issue sir...somebody help me sir..please

Scan and reboot your system and follow Server security Tips for newbie.
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

Always use some free server monitoring tool to monitor the server prevention is better then cure....

I think we have to subscribe Cisco maintenance services to protect our server from any malfunctioning or hacking.

If you are unable to secure your own server, or figure out where the attacks are coming from, I highly suggest hiring a 3rd party management company to take care of this for you.
    WSWD Inc., Celebrating our 17th year in business
    WSWD.net - Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Server Hosting
    Blazing Fast SSD VPS That Will Blow Your Mind!! High Performance RAID10 SSD Drives, IPv4, IPv6, and Private IPs

hi..........
    very important security of server.you take help of security exparts. Alladsclassified .i think solve problem.
    Last edited by mike1936; 09-13-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: not fulfil

Server may be slowing down due to junk data also and for that you need to scan it first. If you think your web server might be on a risk of hackers and if you haven't applied any server side security as SSL Certificate yet then please use Web Server SSL to protect your web server and site from being hacked. Thawte Web Server SSL Certificate includes high level security of sensitive information and corporate level validation that helps to prevent your site from hackers. You can find more details about server security here. https://cheapsslsecurity.com/thawte/sslwebserver.html

Quote Originally Posted by WSWD View Post
    If you are unable to secure your own server, or figure out where the attacks are coming from, I highly suggest hiring a 3rd party management company to take care of this for you.
    ^This. If you don't know what you're doing, you need to hire a professional who does.
    |~| VeeroTech Hosting - sales @ veerotech.net
    |~| High Performance CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered Web Hosting
    |~| cPanel & WHM - Softaculous - Website Builder - JetBackup - SpamExperts
    |~| Visit us @veerotech Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Don't connect to the internet, and you maybe safe, but if you have to then:

Have installed anti virus, Malware, ransom ware rootkit protection
    Have strong and different passwords for every website you go to including, subscriptions, banks, quora, emails etc., etc.
    Don't open emails from friends and unknown persons
    Yo are not going to get money from Microsoft
    Don't believe that you have won money form a dead Nigerian prince
    Don't download movies or music from strange websites -

Establish and Use a Secure Connection. ...
    Use SSH Keys Authentication. ...
    Secure File Transfer Protocol. ...
    Secure Sockets Layer Certificates. ...
    Use Private Networks and VPNs. ...
    Monitor Login Attempts. ...
    Manage Users. ...
    Establish Password Requirements.

Too many programs and/or browser tabs are open. To Resolve Shut down or quit any programs you aren’t actively using, and stick with just one browser window if you can. Want to save multiple tabs or links for future reading? Use the handy Bookmark option in Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome.

you can resolve it your problem by using dsc (digital signature certificate).dsc helps in gst submission , efo , e-tendering etc

I am sure your server lag issues are fixed by now, but there is no end to server security concerns. As technology develops and cybersecurity becomes more complicated, protecting your server from intrusions and malicious attacks is paramount.

The following are the server security best practices you need to implement immediately:

1. Ensure you have a secure connection - With most of us working remotely and using cloud applications, using a secure connection to connect with a remote server is crucial. You can encrypt all your transmitted data with an SSH protocol. File Transfer Protocol Secure (FTPS) also encrypts data files during transfer.

2. Use VPNs and private networks - Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are an easy way to secure communications and ensure no one has unauthorized access to your network. Private networks protect your server from malicious attacks by establishing isolated communication channels between servers.

3. Regular user monitoring - When managing server security, it is critical to monitor who has access to your servers and the activities the users perform. Intrusion prevention software monitors server login attempts and prevents brute force attacks.

4. Password Security - The importance of a strong password goes without saying. Ensure that your team follows all the password requirements and no one uses default passwords. For more robust server security, you can use passphrases for server passwords.

5. Regular software upgrades – Outdated software has many vulnerabilities that hackers can exploit. Updated software is equipped to protect itself from attacks.

6. Use Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) - They are a foolproof way to detect unauthorized activity on your server. IDS monitors processes that run on your server.

Following these best practices will significantly enhance your server security. In addition, always remember to back up your server and use a strong firewall.
    Last edited by iamremyma.ma; 07-21-2022 at 03:47 AM.

Instant Dedicated Server for good price. Full specs. Real-time listing. Trial from $5/day. 12 Locations: ASH, ATL, CHI, DAL, DEN, LAX, NYC, MIA, SCL, SEA, MTL, TOR, VAN, FRA, LON. Support 24/7. Daily rentals from $5/day. 1-10 Days Trial. 100% Network Uptime.

First, you have to scan and reboot your system (take a backup first), then install a server monitoring tool to prevent further attacks.
    Looking for a reliable and economical cloud service provider, Please check out Ace Public Cloud